• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Winter 2019-20 Discussion

I don't remember Jan 17-18 2018 storm having any sleet. then again if you are referring to the Fayetteville area that storm wasn't really considered a "Big Dog there"

We had a little light rain and mixed rain/snow at my place in south Raleigh (while I was at NC State) before we went over to moderate-heavy wet snow for most of the event. Definitely one of my favorite storms I've experienced around here.

We had a little light rain and mixed rain/snow at my place in south Raleigh (while I was at NC State) before we went over to moderate-heavy wet snow for most of the event. Definitely one of my favorite storms I've experienced around here.

That storm last December would of been insane if it was all snow, even with QPF busting a little on the low side, it was still a lot, but ofc it was more of that miller B/cad setup and WAA will always win in that situation, man those snow rates were actually crazy, wish I had some video of those rates

That storm last December would of been insane if it was all snow, even with QPF busting a little on the low side, it was still a lot, but ofc it was more of that miller B/cad setup and WAA will always win in that situation, man those snow rates were actually crazy, wish I had some video of those rates
I remember getting Nam'd with 14 inches of snow during that storm. Unfortunately, the rates didn't overcome In Burlington and I only ended up with some patches of snow on the grass. I remember the snow lasting for a long time -4days due to the low sun angle. That storm was really fun to look at on radar

Love these forecasts. Looks like the ice age is back. Brick and I get blizzards and cold. Mack and Jimmy get frequent cold and snow. GaWx and Storm5 May get some big snows. Hey Phil may even get snow. This poor guy sloshing in some of JB’s bath water. LolView attachment 21268
Snow for South Florida? Blizzards for RDU? Frequent cold and snow for GSP? Big snows possible in the Deep South?

If only the freezing point of water was 40F and not 32F... Think about all the snow and sleet we’d get instead of this cold rain bs. Oth, many of us would probably still get screwed over just a lot more often
It doesn’t matter if the freezing point of water was 40, we’d still have 13 41 degree rainstorms, that’s how bad we suck at winter!☹️

Which three-letter acronym screws the pooch this year? That’s the question.

AGW working in conjunction with SER. There’s no pooch to screw. The baseline is mild. Maybe 20-21 won’t be mild.

Back