• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Nov 12-13 Cold & Light Mix

Downsloping, upstate warm bubble, mountains, whatever you want to call it, 99% of the time, my entire life, no matter how strong the cold push, we do not drop temps during the daytime in the Upstate!! Proof in point!

This is true. Teens already showing up above 5000', and the ridge from nw Alabama up through Tennessee has been in the mid 20s all day.

Poor Seneca.

Capture.JPG

Downsloping, upstate warm bubble, mountains, whatever you want to call it, 99% of the time, my entire life, no matter how strong the cold push, we do not drop temps during the daytime in the Upstate!! Proof in point!
This is a great representation of where cold air is the latest to arrive. Always when it’s coming over the mountain DE43FEA0-E6E1-45F1-97F6-3E16A86491D3.jpeg

This is a great representation of where cold air is the latest to arrive. Always when it’s coming over the mountain View attachment 25892
Perfect illustration in both above posts!! Why cold air being in place BEFOREa winter event, is ALWAYS most important facto! Realistically, I’ve probably lost 30-40” of snow and 12” of sleet in my lifetime, waiting on the cold air to arrive and waiting on the changeover

This is true. Teens already showing up above 5000', and the ridge from nw Alabama up through Tennessee has been in the mid 20s all day.

Poor Seneca.

View attachment 25890

Lived in Seneca/Walhalla several years ago...the Mid-West/Northeast retirees on Lake Keowee love this...this is an actual real estate tactic for the area "Oconee County is a protected area from harsh winter highs" (my realtor's actual words) ...very frustrating for me LOL

Additionally, the temperature variation is significantly pronounced in that area of SC/NC - one can drive from Seneca, SC to Highlands, NC (elevation > 4000 feet) in only 45 minutes and experience 20-30 degree temp drops in events like this

Was still a little ice/snow on the windshield of my truck when I got home. Amounts to a trace??
72441afc932cab72b508769482846995.jpg
b36872b4cbde048f558197097c0007fe.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

RGEM, CMC and few other short range models not far off from a widespread winter weather advisory for freezing drizzle/sleet around Charlotte, NC south into South Carolina. Maybe further north into Yadkin County NC if it can reach the surface. Some globals look kind of silly warming areas from 14 degree low temp then rain 32+ degrees. Again idk if it will even reach the surface but if does i expect sleet or ice on mostly elevated surfaces or trees. Little to no impact. Thursday

More of a East of the mountain event...as better moisture is near Charlotte metro. Thursday.

WPC is highlighting Statesville NC north into the northern foothills of NC for freezing rain. Any amount of ice qualifies for an advisory.

Back