• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Nov 12-13 Cold & Light Mix

Doubt any alerts east of mtns..usually lower elevation rural spots (surry/wilkes) will be used as a ground truth before any special statements or advisories for Winston east...so if any will be very short notice.

Definitely the most snow I’ve gotten in November in 11 years of living here!
df887de46ca5cad1960435de85ef47eb.jpg
1eec7b11accb16c567362d3d6b3e6e4e.jpg
3d958299d30f97fe0ca0ee58664e1456.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

trying to switch over in Huntsville, Ala... 34 and rain, freezing rain in the surrounding hills. Moisture cut off is not far behind though. Going to be tough to get a change over in CHA. Heard this tune a thousand times unfortunately. I'll stay up an hour or so more. The heavier bands of snow in East Tn are going to be for mid valley north, and the plateau and mountains, obviously. Even there, short-lived.

Temp rapidly falling now down to 40.2. Freezing level has dropped down below 4kft now and just waiting on the last few thousand too cool off.

should see changeover when my surface hits 36-37 according to reports form my west.

41 F IMBY, temp has dropped about 3 F since getting up 30 minutes ago and the wind is howling. Hope to see at least a few flakes out of this.

Back