• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Nippy November

Is that delay in the Arctic air for next week now showing up in the last few GFS runs causing that system to trend NW? I am noticing the coldest air isn't focused so much on the early part of next week anymore but more so on the later part per GFS.

Is that delay in the Arctic air for next week now showing up in the last few GFS runs causing that system to trend NW? I am noticing the coldest air isn't focused so much on the early part of next week anymore but more so on the later part per GFS.
Nope still looks cold all week for the most part

Nope still looks cold all week for the most part
I don't think you understood my question. It's pretty obvious off the last 2 GFS runs that the cold air has shifted to the later part of next week "delayed". Does not look as potent either. It's just one model though.

I don't think you understood my question. It's pretty obvious off the last 2 GFS runs that the cold air has shifted to the later part of next week "delayed". Does not look as potent either. It's just one model though.
Temp anomalies still showing significantly below normal temps most next week.. don’t see a delay really.. we were never suppose to get the polar vortex down here in November ?

Why are you asking the bored if you already know the answer? Just stop.

The energy for that ULL has doubled since yesterday afternoon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Temp anomalies still showing significantly below normal temps most next week.. don’t see a delay really.. we were never suppose to get the polar vortex down here in November ?
I never said we were. I mentioned that the coldest air looks delayed per the GFS. Cooler than average does look to dominate the pattern next week, I was mentioning the "arctic air" meaning the really cold air. It was a question pertaining to the trend NW with the moisture seen in TX. Colder air can cause suppression which would make sense that the last few runs of the GFS has trended NW with it because the colder air is being a bit delayed which would cause less suppression.

Through hr 153 the energy on the GFS is further NW
06z
1573506000-vIzUjfTIbik.png

12z
1573506000-GWBKkXdag3I.png

Why are you asking the bored if you already know the answer? Just stop.

The energy for that ULL has doubled since yesterday afternoon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I was asking for opinions on it and thoughts, that's what we do here. No reason for any of your rude comments like "just stop". You can keep things like that to yourself.

I never said we were. I mentioned that the coldest air looks delayed per the GFS. Cooler than average does look to dominate the pattern next week, I was mentioning the "arctic air" meaning the really cold air. It was a question pertaining to the trend NW with the moisture seen in TX. Colder air can cause suppression which would make sense that the last few runs of the GFS has trended NW with it because the colder air is being a bit delayed which would cause less suppression.
Yes true hopefully a good sign to come with more development of that southern wave

Back