• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Nippy November

No that is 12Z Tues......so that is valid around 6-7am EST Tues morning.....daytime highs that cold that far south are really hard to pull off in Jan or Feb.....much less Nov.
While my memory is not as good as it used to be ( plus I was young), I moved to W-S in November of 1970 and the high around Thanksgiving was 25 and the low around 12 if I am remembering correctly. Had extreme cold anomalies at Savannah as well.

Last edited:
A lot of suppression going on this morning with the models with the arctic air.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: ajr
While my memory is not as good as it used to be ( plus I was young), I moved to W-S in November of 1970 and the high around Thanksgiving was 25 and the low around 12 if I am remembering correctly. Had extreme cold anomalies at Savannah as well.
What is W-S ?

The good news is that even though models are a day behind, most members manage to put out a snowy solution across NC, light and spotty, but still something. If I were in TN, would get exited.
View attachment 25420View attachment 25421
Definitely was an increase in the number of EPS members showing snow in NC over the next 10 days.

Support increased for the day 8 system w/ another disturbance around day 11 (again likely tied to when the wave over the SW US finally comes east).
View attachment 25423

Hmmm, is the GFS trying to join the party? This is getting interesting for sure.

Hmmm, is the GFS trying to join the party? This is getting interesting for sure.

The GEFS is also trying to hint at something around day 10-11 w/ snow initially breaking out near San Antonio, but we're extremely far out & a lot can happen between now & then plus the GEFS isn't exactly dispersive.

download (91).png

Not necessarily winter related but holy crap Halong is an absolute monster in the West Pac. Satellite intensity estimates nearly support a 200 mph cane.
rbtop0.gif

Screen Shot 2019-11-05 at 10.25.27 AM.png

This monster typhoon will be a significant player in our weather pattern next week & could affect our chances of wintry weather beyond day 7 (if a storm actually materializes). I hope you like a +PNA.

The ICON looks a lot like the storm we got in December 2017, comparison from the Euro model 1.5 days out at H5. Almost identical, however less emphasis on the southern energy this run because of a weaker +PNA. However, I think as Webb mentioned on twitter, because of the recurving typhoon, our +PNA should strengthen even more in the short term, if models haven't spotted this yet.
icon_z500_vort_us_57.pngecmwf_z500_vort_conus_7.png

The ICON looks a lot like the storm we got in December 2017, comparison from the Euro model 1.5 days out at H5. Almost identical, however less emphasis on the southern energy this run because of a stronger +PNA. however, I think as Webb mentioned on twitter, because of the recurving typhoon, our +PNA should strengthen even more in the short term, if models haven't spotted this yet.
View attachment 25436View attachment 25438

Yeah not far, western ridge was pretty tall there, this run of the gfs actually trended to a little bit stronger ridge out west

Back