• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

July Fry 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know what it is, maybe Manifest type of bs, but Atlanta's heat is unbearable to me, even if it is relatively cooler than some other localities.
I left the NE burbs this afternoon and came back to Charlotte and one thing I noticed it's a heck of a lot more humid in Georgia than in Charlotte at least today. I could tell a huge difference when I got home.

I left the NE burbs this afternoon and came back to Charlotte and one thing I noticed it's a heck of a lot more humid in Georgia than in Charlotte at least today. I could tell a huge difference when I got home.
Weird difference in humidity between here and Charlotte as well the last week. Our dews have ranged from 72-77 the last week while Charlotte has been 64-70 .

2.2" yesterday in that thunderstorm, and quite a bit likely today.

Wasn't that hot when I walked today but it felt like a jungle out there this evening (and I'm sure it was much hotter earlier in the day).

Jordan Lake/Wilsonville got theirs again today. #tropics here's the proof.

Attachments

• IMG_0678.jpg
    IMG_0678.jpg
    929.4 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
You look at this and you think it's time to grab the jackets in Dallas. Nope. Still going to be HOT with temps in the upper 80s and low 90s with nighttime lows in the 70s.

I mean below normal is relative this time of year but it could easily be 105/85 so yeah around 90/70 is a win any day

High temperatures in summer are very strongly inversely correlated to soil moisture and is the primary reason i feel confident ATL won't have any heatwaves this summer. History tells me this.
Just looking at the soil moisture map correlates quite well with how the temps have played out so far.

soil moisture.gif

They must of made up for it recently since this is what it looked like last month.

View attachment 86528

Indeed, they made it up with at least two multi-inch events amongst others: the major flooding of July 8th from a cold front, which caused some NYC subway stations to go under several feet of water and Elsa the very next day. What a one two punch!

I mean below normal is relative this time of year but it could easily be 105/85 so yeah around 90/70 is a win any day

Hell even here in NC the average high this time of year is 90-91 ( for MBY 90/91 is average high from June 25th to Aug 5th ) so a 92-95 degree day is actually only a few degrees above normal....hell for Dallas the normal temp range on Aug 1 is 99/79, a 90 degree day would be well below normal on Aug 1st.

I'm watering my yard today. I have little faith.
Same here. I like your area today though with stuff starting in the mountains and getting a little help from the weak wave passing by.

Friday through Monday should be really good days with Sunday being the best

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back