• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

July Fry 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah euro wedges in a little bit of lower dew air for a time as well. Could see any real mcs activity being to our west

Still have plenty of time for things to change things in our favor. A lot of good MCS's have come from the NW and reorganized as it moves into the Foothills/Piedmont. It wouldn't take much for us to score something decent.

Mountains will rip it to shreds, the OFB and leftover winds should feel good though....
Thats exactly what happens when they move east of the Triad (Gso, WS, Burlington). You think you have a bad storm coming but nothing as the storm dies and you are left with wind and remnant stratocumulus clouds.

Have to imagine that dome of HP will lead to plains heat. The pacific needs a break.
Yeah we might see it at least flattened in the west and a backing down of the 594-600+ ridges for at least a short time. Thing is we probably just cycle back to another western ridge in time. We likely need a recurring typhoon to shake things up and break the current cycle to help the west.

Do you think if its more amplified we see upper 90s in that time?
If the gefs were to be correct yes. Right now the means on the gefs D10+ for mby are between 91 and 95 with a few maxes over 100. Given the potential advection of high 850s from the western heat dome we could over perform. The only mitigating factors would be soil moisture and clouds/convection. Since the center of the upper ridge isn't close by I doubt that is an extreme heat look just annoyingly hot

Looks like the storms today evaporate right before central NC … oh give me a break .. I need them to develop early enough so that we can still have the sun to help bring them along

Reactions: SD
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back