• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Fabulous February

Right because it never snows here in March. Lol

March 2015
View attachment 15802

March 2018
View attachment 15803
Or here
cac4363ccb52cb0524bfd55aac53f477.jpg
5fb2f5ac286504d1b5e615a3f0a817de.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I used to like March as a snow month more than December until the past couple years. They both usually produce about the same imo

I used to like March as a snow month more than December until the past couple years. They both usually produce about the same imo
I guess it depends on where you live. Since 2006 December has been atrocious for snow in Middle Tennessee. Only good December was 2010. March on the other hand has produced a number of good snows here since 2006.

Radiant this morning has raised KATL Feb even further to 54.9, which would be tied with 1927 for 3rd warmest Feb, behind only 2018 and 2017! Just a few days ago, they had KATL at 51.5. So, further warm adjustments are still possible, believe it or not, since the trend to warmer may not be done yet though I’m guessing it may be nearing its warmest. This 54.9 raises the projected DJF to 49.8, which would be THE warmest El Niño DJF on record. The current warmest is the 49.5 of 2015-6. This would also be the 10th warmest of 141 winters dating back to 1878-9, which is amazingly warm for a weak Modoki El Niño.

It doesn't feel like it with all of the rain and cloudy days. :confused:

I guess it depends on where you live. Since 2006 December has been atrocious for snow in Middle Tennessee. Only good December was 2010. March on the other hand has produced a number of good snows here since 2006.

pretty much the same for me... best snow I remember in December was a barely White Christmas at 5pm one year in Bama lol

oh and snow the morning after the Tuscaloosa tornado in 2000 that was more surreal than anything

meanwhile the biggest snowstorms I've seen both here and there were in March

My biggest were December 2017 (about a foot) and March 1993 (16" I think?). I've seen several episodes of snow as well in March in addition to the blizzard of 93..and even have seen flurries a time or two in April. So, reality is, it can still fall from the sky in the next 30-45 days if it really wants to, especially in the upper parts of the SE say North of I-20.

38/38 Rain. Did not cut it but surprised we got that close. Looks like the weather stations at elevation south and west of town are close.
43/39 here, when I went out for my run this morning it was 52. Noticeable change...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

No really good progress in the overnight models that I could see, although I haven’t seen the EPS past 240. (Is anything past 240 even worth looking at anyway?). But I assume if it was really good, it would have been discussed.

What a shame it has been to have such an active STJ this winter with almost no cold air to speak of. When all is said and done, we will have wasted over half of the winter above normal. We weren’t really far off from having a couple of nice events. In fact, I’ll bet that even an average winter temp-wise would have given many areas above average snowfall.

In the end, we will have squandered away what should have been a decent period, having only the distant memory of a rogue December storm as a bittersweet epilogue to a horribly disappointing winter season.

Back