• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry The Webber/1300m/Kylo/Jon/Whatalife Storm January 12th-14th

What would it mean for upstate if all 3 waves phased?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
From my understanding we don’t want it to be there at all but if it is we want it slower and digging further south. I’m just relaying information from the MA thread but it makes sense. What hurts them hurts us. The further north it closes off the worse our snow chances

That was a great snow for a lot of the southeast.

But what was THE storm of the century! You can dream about a repeat all you want but it could easily be 2100+ before another one. In the meantime, there are other ways to get still really big snows even if not as big as the heaviest of 1993: see Feb of 1973, March of 1980/1983, Jan of 1982, Jan of 1988, Carolina Crusher (2000), Feb of 2004, Mar of 2009 for some examples. Many of these were merely weak but very moist Gulf lows quite far south that interacted just right with a cold high to the north. Maybe they weren't blizzards but they were still memorable storms in their own right.

But what was THE storm of the century! You can dream about a repeat all you want but it could easily be 2100+ before another one. In the meantime, there are other ways to get still really big snows even if not as big as the heaviest of 1993: see Feb of 1973, March of 1980/1983, Jan of 1982, Jan of 1988, Carolina Crusher (2000), Feb of 200, Mar of 2009 for some examples. Many of these were merely weak but very moist Gulf lows quite far south that interacted just right with a cold high to the north.
Doc will be telling. It’s weaker and further south with the low. (As you know)

But what was THE storm of the century! You can dream about a repeat all you want but it could easily be 2100+ before another one. In the meantime, there are other ways to get still really big snows even if not as big as the heaviest of 1993: see Feb of 1973, March of 1980/1983, Jan of 1982, Jan of 1988, Carolina Crusher (2000), Feb of 2004, Mar of 2009 for some examples. Many of these were merely weak but very moist Gulf lows quite far south that interacted just right with a cold high to the north.

2010/2011 was a good storm saw 8 inches from that one

Fv3 cuts north big time but still a front end thump.

Can someone please post gefs members for our new members, I would but my Wi-Fi is taking fo ever to load

0z FV3 is further north than the furthest north GEFS member. Just this morning I gave the FV3 props for being so consistent and it thanks me with a middle finger and 2 cycles of GFS-ish behavior.

Euro: ehhh, what low

Smh

Euro has no GOM surface low this time unlike prior two runs.

Unreal, our 2 best models go 2 completely different directions and both break continuity just as we reach their wheelhouses lol. Needless to say they are struggling with this pattern. I would guess middle of the road is pretty close to MJO8/COD climo?

Back