• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

September Sizzling Summer Segway

Meanwhile, the end of the 12Z GEFS looks worrisome if you don’t want a possible TC landfall threat on the east coast:

H5 looks scary as ridging rebuilds from the Atlantic:07776A0B-0F5E-4881-B091-B4B4B7AA6150.png

At the same time, there is a good bit of activity lurking just offshore that wouldn’t necessarily recurve safely if H5 were to be close to the map above:

640FA5D9-BE1D-4DD1-AA68-C1C23D901F09.png

Edit: those 2 TCs just offshore E coast are then moving NW. And then look at the 2 over FL. @pcbjr would be at risk from those, unfortunately.

Edited for stupid auto fill putting “lol” instead of “look” ?‍♀️?‍♂️

Last edited:
12z Euro says what cold? Come on Mack, we need your positive thoughts stat! We need you to fight back against SER/DD, La Nina/+AMO!

1598641050224.png

Anyone living in a state bordering the Atlantic Ocean I’m sorry to say that any cool downs would likely be short lived and not particularly potent . There is too much seasonal lag as sea temps are just now peaking , so it’s going to be hard to shake any west Atlantic ridging. It’s lag time baby. Now for peeps west of the mountains I think things are looking pretty decent for a substantial cool down all the way down to the gulf coast .

Don’t worry though east coast peeps , my magical October is coming soon ! Bright side for those people aching for a cool down is cold shot or not September is almost guaranteed to be colder by a decent amount ( less true for Deep South and coastal folks due to lag) than July and August .

Shear is picking up a little bit, might chase a storm outa boredom, and this one looks like the one I wanna drive to 2D310728-A6B1-4AF3-ACB2-7305833EB020.png

A chilly Happy Hour GFS fwiw all thanks, of course, to Mack and brought to us by 2020 with record lows in the upper 40s and maybe also coldest so early in the season being portrayed for Birm, Chat, and possibly ATL for both 9/10 and 9/11!! So, 2020 isn't all bad.
It also has a low of 40 at O'Hare on 9/8, which would be the earliest 40 on record by 5 days!

1598655069117.png

1598655491587.png

Last edited:
A chilly Happy Hour GFS fwiw all thanks, of course, to Mack and brought to us by 2020 with record lows in the upper 40s and maybe also coldest so early in the season being portrayed for Birm, Chat, and possibly ATL for both 9/10 and 9/11!!

View attachment 47645

View attachment 47646
Too bad it's 300 hrs out! A week from now it'll still be 300 hrs out!

Unfortunately reality bites. The SER flexing her muscles on this mornings GFS. An outside shot at some CAD to cool down the afternoons but overnights stay summery through the run. Though the upper south and western areas of our region may get some cooler air. To be fair, this is what one should expect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back