• This website or discussions about the COVID-19 virus outbreak should be taken as entertainment. For official information on how to plan and prepare, please go to The Offical CDC Homepage By Clicking Here
  • Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

September Sizzling Summer Segway

Tarheel1

Reaction score
So I’m honored to start a thread, it’s been quite awhile! September Segway’s into fall, even though most still torch and it’s usually very dry, avg highs start going down, days get shorter, we all start thinking about winter outlooks! Tropics look to remain active, temps don’t look too ridiculous, happy fall y’all

tramadoc

Reaction score
So I’m honored to start a thread, it’s been quite awhile! September Segway’s into fall, even though most still torch and it’s usually very dry, avg highs start going down, days get shorter, we all start thinking about winter outlooks! Tropics look to remain active, temps don’t look too ridiculous, happy fall y’all
* segue

ForsythSnow

Staff member
Reaction score
At least you didn't repeat the name exactly like we named our September thread in 2017. August was already repeated.

SD

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
En ingles por favor?
Rising AAM and the GWO moving out of the circumglobal ridges/nina phases. Maybe we won't see as much of the WAR nosing in and subtropical ridging that we have seen in the last 2 Septembers and more of what we expect September to be if we get really lucky maybe a legit front. Issue is though with models starting to show Nana in the Atlantic these effects may be too late

SD

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Rising AAM and the GWO moving out of the circumglobal ridges/nina phases. Maybe we won't see as much of the WAR nosing in and subtropical ridging that we have seen in the last 2 Septembers and more of what we expect September to be if we get really lucky maybe a legit front. Issue is though with models starting to show Nana in the Atlantic these effects may be too late
From a total nerd alert perspective when you look at the NHEM over the next 10 days you can see the effect of the tropics with Laura enhancing the trough exiting the EC then the recurving typhoon and its downstream effects with the big trough in Canada by d10

ATLwxfan

Reaction score
Last fall was brutal. There would be significant frontal boundaries that sagged to our northwest and stalled out. We finally cooled off with a CAD event. So lame.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BHS1975

Supporter
Reaction score
Last fall was brutal. There would be significant frontal boundaries that sagged to our northwest and stalled out. We finally cooled off with a CAD event. So lame.

Yeah the state fair was humid until the last few days.

FallsLake

Reaction score
Just for fun, take a look at the 0z CFS. It would indicate that September may actually have real fall weather. There are multiple cool downs with dewpoints falling into the 40s and 50s. This would be a great change from the last couple of years.

Brent

Reaction score
Hmmmm

Laura breaks the summer pattern?

It does appear that a pattern shift will begin to take shape this
weekend through early next week with the persistent Western US
upper ridge breaking down due to the arrival of a fall like upper
trough from the Pacific Northwest. This system is progged to
deepen across the Plains Monday through Wednesday sending the
first notable cold front in quite some time southward across the
Central and Southern Plains. It is much too early to break out
the sweaters, but below normal temperatures and increased rain
chances are a possibility as we head into the first few days of
September.

smast16

Reaction score
“Cool shots failing to penetrate into the Southeast”
That won’t be the last time we say that

Why can I only upvote this once...

It'll be the story of the winter. How do I know this so far in advance?? Because it's the story of every winter...