• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

September Sizzling Summer Segway

I see how cold it's getting up in the Upper Midwest.. I don't think I would be ready for that I still like throwing on my flip-flops and going to the store.. it's too much crap just to go somewhere in the winter.
Yeah, 48 degrees for basically the past 2 days, winds 15-30 from the NE, it’s not fun on the joints

^^Yeah the LR models would indicate that mid September into late September (and even into mid October on the CFS), will feature below normal temps. All this is in fantasy land but I would welcome this change (to the timespan) from the past two years.
As stated before this gets into one of my superstitions (woolly worms, etc.); whereas a cool mid/late September to a mid October timespan, leads to a warm late October into mid November, which leads to a cold mid/late November into early December. That sets the predominant winter pattern; or at least that's what seems to occur sometimes.

^^Yeah the LR models would indicate that mid September into late September (and even into mid October on the CFS), will feature below normal temps. All this is in fantasy land but I would welcome this change (to the timespan) from the past two years.
As stated before this gets into one of my superstitions (woolly worms, etc.); whereas a cool mid/late September to a mid October timespan, leads to a warm late October into mid November, which leads to a cold mid/late November into early December. That sets the predominant winter pattern; or at least that's what seems to occur sometimes.

I believe that is what happened last year correct? We had great blocking up until thanksgiving and it all went away for the next three months. Pattern was great for winter (in September through early November.)

Back