• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

September Sizzling Summer Segway

ForsakenFaithfulIndigowingedparrot-size_restricted.gif

I wish lol but the euro continues to show dewpoints in the 30s/40s and highs in the 60s along with lows in the 50s, At this point I’ve accepted that storm season is pretty much over and it’s almost time for fall color shots , so bring it on

RAH is now more certain the cool down next week happens:

Monday will see the longwave trough and associated surface cold
front move eastward across the mountains and into the Mid Atlantic.
Showers and pre-frontal thunderstorms are expected through the day
along with above normal temps in the mid and even upper 80s in
spots. For the past few days there have been differences among the
models with respect to how far this front sags southward before it
stalls. Today`s guidance and ensembles are showing increasing
chances that the front makes it through NC, resulting in cooler and
drier weather Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday. If the front does manage
to stall, the best chance for a stray shower would be across the
Sandhills and southern Coastal Plain but at this point I`m going
with a dry forecast for the middle of next week. Temps during this
period will see highs in the mid/upper 70s and lows in the lower
60s/upper 50s along with drier dewpoints. Very similar to what was
seen last weekend.

80% chance of rain here tonight, and 70% chance tomorrow and Friday. I guess if we get sprinkles it'll technically be right. We'll see how much we actually get, though.

Yeah, they nailed the forecast today.

tenor.gif

3rd day in a row of record low max temps! High today 53
Earliest stretch of 3 days in a row of 50 degree highs! Beating the previous record by about 2 weeks and that was set 88 years ago! They have some good local Mets on TV, that nerd out on severe and snow! Currently 52

Favorable trends on the GFS overnight for normal to slightly BN for NGA. Canadian still likes it colder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FWIW I generally try to keep an eye on Fall Foilage reports. This predictor is showing color much earlier than the last few years.

It is showing a little color now in mountains and has it past peak generally by end of October. Not sure I believe that, but we have had some years where that was true. Also have had some years where we had color to Thanksgiving. I was on the BR PKWY last weekend and thought some of the trees were starting to get that look.

It says it is based on weather patterns and past history and forecasts. This has been a wetter summer than recent years. We just need some warm days and cool nights.

We had that cold snap in November last year and many trees in north Georgia went from mostly green to brown ... very poor color season overall. Hopefully this season will be better.

Back