• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

September Sizzling Summer Segway

2dbb2048bc54de7421fdbbb03794d282.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is showing a little color now in mountains and has it past peak generally by end of October. Not sure I believe that, but we have had some years where that was true.

In my lifetime of growing up in WNC, 3rd-4th week of October was typically the date for peak color. Higher elevations were earlier, some foliage stays later and obviously it can differ from year to year, but in general that is always the target date for peak color.

In my lifetime of growing up in WNC, 3rd-4th week of October was typically the date for peak color. Higher elevations were earlier, some foliage stays later and obviously it can differ from year to year, but in general that is always the target date for peak color.
[/QUOTE

I always tried to visit during that time period ... I was a little surprised that this predictor map showed the color past peak by the 3rd week of October. I am still planning to come up during the 3rd or 4th week as that always seems to be peak for the majority of the area.

I don't exactly remember last year's predictor map what it showed, but I don't think it was nearly that aggressive. Time will tell. I hope the season is beautiful and lasts several weeks!

A fall foliage thread would be awesome. We could post views from homes, offices or nearby vistas. Well maybe not that awesome but whatevs. It’s the most wonderful time of the year. When hope falls eternal.

A fall foliage thread would be awesome. We could post views from homes, offices or nearby vistas. Well maybe not that awesome but whatevs. It’s the most wonderful time of the year. When hope falls eternal.

Start it

Only a 60% chance of storms today compared to the 80% and 70% chance RAH had for us Wednesday night and yesterday when we didn't even get a drop of rain. Not sure how they missed it that bad, but maybe today will produce.

Maybe they just had to reduce the chance to get some.
Eh they actually mentioned in the AFD a couple of days ago that rain chances might have a hard time getting going inland from the main sfc convergence along the coast. They were damned either way to be honest, if they cut back on rain chances and the storms along the coast barf out a big westward moving OFB and it keeps producing through the coastal plain into the piedmont then everyone is mad that they cut rain chances but it rained. Also it was a fairly big dump taken by the models especially the globals that produced a good amount of rain inland...

Only a 60% chance of storms today compared to the 80% and 70% chance RAH had for us Wednesday night and yesterday when we didn't even get a drop of rain. Not sure how they missed it that bad, but maybe today will produce.
When did 80% start to = 100%?

Back