• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

September Sizzling Summer Segway

I believe that is what happened last year correct? We had great blocking up until thanksgiving and it all went away for the next three months. Pattern was great for winter (in September through early November.)
I remember September through mid-October being scorched, which as I said last year, give me a pattern delta, and things might be different in winter. That is happening with more seasonable temps now, although that may just be because of the re-curving Typhoons. Beyond that, last fall, you are correct. I remember tracking winter storms in November, which turned out to be a cold chasing moisture setup.

I believe that is what happened last year correct? We had great blocking up until thanksgiving and it all went away for the next three months. Pattern was great for winter (in September through early November.)

We scorched in September through mid-October last year, pattern was decent from late October (Halloween was cool) through November (some of our coldest wx in the mountains last year was November) then it flipped again and we were warm by Christmas.

This year would be the opposite if it began cooling from mid to late Sept through mid to late October.

We scorched in September through mid-October last year, pattern was decent from late October (Halloween was cool) through November (some of our coldest wx in the mountains last year was November) then it flipped again and we were warm by Christmas.

This year would be the opposite if it began cooling from mid to late Sept through mid to late October.

Last October was the hottest I can ever remember. We were using the pool up until the last 10 days of the month.

Yep, I always get that bad feeling (about the upcoming winter) when it's cold in early/mid November. And God forbid we have snow in the midlands of SC during that time period.

Yep. We were camping the first week of November last year in Pisgah NF and it was downright bitter, that was after a rather cool Halloween week. Fast forward to Christmas day and my son was playing basketball in the driveway in shorts and a tee, and that was at 3000' elevation.

Last October was the hottest I can ever remember. We were using the pool up until the last 10 days of the month.

It was for me as well up to the later part of the month when the pattern began to switch. As a matter of fact I don't remember sitting through a hotter youth football season for my son, than we did last year.

GFS appears to have backed off on the CAD. We do cool down some but mostly due to rain. Which I guess is better than getting torched.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GFS was meh. Daytime temps do ease up but we’ve got some muggy nights ahead. I prefer warm days and cool nights but oh well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back