• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Scorchtember

Hello wedge
680b1c9ebe637a6e4b0e3229abe908f9.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Seems like we always used to get our first big front sometime in the last half of September. It was in the upper 30s in Carrollton in late September 2001 ! Atl was officially 44 in Sept 01.
It sometimes takes a little while. Just like back in April SC and NC got some snow, a month into Spring

I find it funny when people use examples of colder than normal years and play it off as a normal and wonder why it’s not like that year. I get it the heat is a pain but be patient relief will come unless your phil in Gainesville Florida ( well they got a while to go down there) .

Yes this September is hot , for Atlanta it’s still a solid 3-5 degrees if I’m not mistaken COOLER than the record hottest up to this date . Yes it’s hotter than normal but for much of this forums area the average high has yet to drop below 80 with 2 weeks more to go for northern locales like raleigh drop below 80 for avg. Avg for this date is 84/64 at RDU.

Anyone use radar omega? Thoughts? I use radarscope now. Looking for an alternative.

I find it funny when people use examples of colder than normal years and play it off as a normal and wonder why it’s not like that year. I get it the heat is a pain but be patient relief will come unless your phil in Gainesville Florida ( well they got a while to go down there) .

Yes this September is hot , for Atlanta it’s still a solid 3-5 degrees if I’m not mistaken COOLER than the record hottest up to this date . Yes it’s hotter than normal but for much of this forums area the average high has yet to drop below 80 with 2 weeks more to go for northern locales like raleigh drop below 80 for avg. Avg for this date is 84/64 at RDU.

Atlanta’s warmest December ever was in 1925, long before any of us were alive probably, and was 84F. So far this month the average is 84.2F. So yeah, this can be called extreme. Then add to the fact that last September became the second warmest on record.

the heat is one thing, the lack of rain is quite another

DFW Airport has yet
to see a drop of rain this month; 2019 may join 2000 and 2017 as
one of the only years to have no measurable September rainfall
through the autumnal equinox.

note both years are recent :rolleyes:

RAH mentioned a possible cool down next week (wedge). The GFS agrees and shows dew points in the 50s and temps falling back to the 70s and low 80s by Wednesday. Then just for eye candy the 6z GFS has this way off in la la land (but this is what we're waiting for..):
aaaa.jpg

Still skeptical about the GFS cool push. Seems the SER is not easily giving up in GA at least. Also they just love the ATL heat island on their maps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RAH mentioned a possible cool down next week (wedge). The GFS agrees and shows dew points in the 50s and temps falling back to the 70s and low 80s by Wednesday. Then just for eye candy the 6z GFS has this way off in la la land (but this is what we're waiting for..):
View attachment 23455
euro is complete opposite... till euro shows this. No way I’m buying it

Our big wet day tomorrow, down to a big 30% chance of isolated t storms! Just keep winning! Drought begets drought, and apparently, can deflect hurricanes! ☹️

GSP has tied the September 12 record for max high temp. 95F. If local Wunderground is to be believed, we've broken it at 96F. #winning

Back