• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Scorchtember

I still keep up with the "other board" but rarely post there. I used to post on several sites, but most of them are dead now.
It's actually sad (at least to me). I go back to the easternwx days. Then when that stopped I was one of the first to join americanwx. For many years it was a great site; especially when Robert was posting. We would have Burger do the play by play of the model runs and pack would cause some kind of controversy (..anybody hear from him?). The last couple of years saw a lot of folks drop off. It's now only a shell of its former self. But like I said, it's nice to see a lot of you from that time over here.

Thanks man! I've been over on the "other site". It's nice to see a lot of familiar names from the past.

You ain't kidding; seeing the posters here has been like a trip down memory lane or at least in my case, faulty memory lane.

Looking forward to the brief cool down later this week; love this time of year sans hurricanes.

GFS is a disaster after this brief CAD event. The pattern change is pretty much gone through the end of the run.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The only good thing, it shows the dew points staying relatively low (50s to low 60s). I can take warm weather as long as it's not too humid. Of course precip is another thing (very little over the SE the next two weeks).

You ain't kidding; seeing the posters here has been like a trip down memory lane or at least in my case, faulty memory lane.

Looking forward to the brief cool down later this week; love this time of year sans hurricanes.
Yep, October is usually perfect. Great (window opening) temps and you don't have the pollen like in April (the other great month). But it can be dry (I think it's the driest by average).

GFS is a disaster after this brief CAD event. The pattern change is pretty much gone through the end of the run.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You aren’t kidding there and the Euro/EPS is a nightmare. In fact one of the ugliest set of runs I’ve seen for this time of year. Drought will be a key word if they verify.

GEFS shows little relief after this mid-late week cooldown event. We're in it for the long haul. Let's see if we can have an even later last 90F day than last year (Oct 6)

EDIT: upon more detailed inspection, its not total scorch. Largely 3-5F above average for this run, at least.

GEFS shows little relief after this mid-late week cooldown event. We're in it for the long haul. Let's see if we can have an even later last 90F day than last year (Oct 6)

EDIT: upon more detailed inspection, its not total scorch. Largely 3-5F above average for this run, at least.
Yeah and that little mid late week cool Down... not looking as promising as it was now...

You aren’t kidding there and the Euro/EPS is a nightmare. In fact one of the ugliest set of runs I’ve seen for this time of year. Drought will be a key word if they verify.

Yeah, this is worse than bad. Sucks to have yet another blowtorch fall. Though, the next couple of days will be nice.

This is just getting us ready for winter. Though, it won’t be in the 80’s this winter...I hope.

700634F7-7B82-4436-A164-6864C4675998.png

Yeah, this is worse than bad. Sucks to have yet another blowtorch fall. Though, the next couple of days will be nice.

This is just getting us ready for winter. Though, it won’t be in the 80’s this winter...I hope.

View attachment 23633
What's it gonna take to get a pattern flip?

ATL metro is mainly 1-2 warmer than 24 hours ago with lower dew points and sunny skies. Yesterday’s KATL high was 96. You do the math.

ATL metro is mainly 1-2 warmer than 24 hours ago with lower dew points and sunny skies. Yesterday’s KATL high was 96. You do the math.

There's more mid-level moisture/clouds today, mainly in the NE part of the metro. That may cap the high temperature potential slightly.

EDIT: RIP Newnan though (with mainly clear skies and the worst of the drought conditions).

6z GFS really wasn't terrible to me outside of the dryness factor. It's largely warmer than average but at least the dew points aren't high.

too bad it's probably wrong...

Back