• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Scorchtember

96 at 5 PM at KATL! What a September this has been! Record is 97. Day after day they and others keep exceeding forecasts/models!
Thats what happens when you have a dry ground ! Not sure why the forecasters dont take that into account. Forecast tomorrow is around 95. It will probably be close to 98.

Thats what happens when you have a dry ground ! Not sure why the forecasters dont take that into account. Forecast tomorrow is around 95. It will probably be close to 98.

It frankly wouldn’t shock me. Another 98 would just be the proverbial icing on the incredible cake that has been September of 2019.

Welp looks like we might go into a Pacific northwest/Goa trough look coming up which means more ridging as we roll into October. I personally don't see anything that will stop the above normal stuff until maybe the 2nd half to last third of October. This sucks

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Make it 16/16 for above avg high temps this September. Looking like tomorrow will make it 17/17, but Wednesday could give us our first BN day of the month

Welp looks like we might go into a Pacific northwest/Goa trough look coming up which means more ridging as we roll into October. I personally don't see anything that will stop the above normal stuff until maybe the 2nd half to last third of October. This sucks

Would that mean more hurricane threats?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have to wait and see how the ridge axis sets up but right now I don't think it's a classic east coast hit look

Lol, we can't get Fall because there's too much ridging and we can't get a tropical system to landfall because there's not enough ridging.

Lol, we can't get Fall because there's too much ridging and we can't get a tropical system to landfall because there's not enough ridging.
No it's just that this isn't really an east coast hit look on the eps or gefs
1c40aa2c751255a4250f1abd22b39b02.jpg
e85e70f8cdf5992a64c30a0f7ea71b13.jpg

Get used to the dry. La nina flavor winter imo. Shettley will be household name as we roll into next spring dry bones. Hell have more ammo than the us military. I was gonna over seed this fall. Taking a pass. Ground is like concrete.

Hate that Wednesday-Saturday isn't a preview of what's to come and I just love that we're on day 15 without measurable rain with no real threat of rain for the next week, minimum, and honestly probably the next two weeks.

We weren't really having rain issues either until the pop up thunderstorm season wrapped up. Had something like 8.49" or so from August 1st to September 1st. 0 since then and at this point, probably 0 for a good bit longer.

Hate that Wednesday-Saturday isn't a preview of what's to come and I just love that we're on day 15 without measurable rain with no real threat of rain for the next week, minimum, and honestly probably the next two weeks.

We weren't really having rain issues either until the pop up thunderstorm season wrapped up. Had something like 8.49" or so from August 1st to September 1st. 0 since then and at this point, probably 0 for a good bit longer.

Got a crazy amount last Friday from a series of storms coming through the Athens Area. 1.4+ inches fell in roughly 2 hrs. Lost power for a few hrs too. It was coming down crazy amounts on Epps Bridge and Atlanta Hwy for sure!

Still, hadn't seen a whole lot of rain, like you said, for late August through last Friday.

GFS is a disaster after this brief CAD event. The pattern change is pretty much gone through the end of the run.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back