• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Scorchtember

sounds like a rock n' roll show from the late '60's or early 70's

~~~~~~~~~~

Actin' funny, but I don't know why
'Scuse me while I kiss the sky
My song the whole summer: Been through the desert on a horse with no name! CSN ?

Welp whoever said it took a hurricane to get a pattern change wasn’t lying, lol View attachment 23384
Well there's some hints about a large low (the one near Chicago in the pic) already on several model runs. A hurricane would amplify the situation as shown if timed right. That could even bring frost to the upper SE if it happened.

Seems like we always used to get our first big front sometime in the last half of September. It was in the upper 30s in Carrollton in late September 2001 ! Atl was officially 44 in Sept 01.

Where have we seen this before? UMMM all last winter. Different year. Same Weather.
I know that feeling of Delayed and Denied during winter. But this cold front might actually have something to it. It's been consistently forecast with the GFS having it arriving in the last few days of September.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

It seems like every model has a pattern change toward the end of the month or at least less of a torch. The GEFS has seemed to continue to strengthen the cooler temps over the past few runs. It’s long range yes but maybe possibly we have hope on the horizon

That’s a sexy front at the end of the gfs run . Can’t wait for verification in like mid October

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exactly! It looks great but we first saw the pattern change pop up on the end of the runs last week and everyday it gets pushed back further and further. To the point where we are on the verge of the hottest September ever.

That’s a sexy front at the end of the gfs run . Can’t wait for verification in like mid October

We are probably going to start seeing some end to the ridging in the d10 time frame and possibly a breakdown afterward. I'm personally still not sure we go west ridge/east trough but we may finally at least be able to break the ridge and trend back to normal

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Hit 92 in raleigh with a heat index of 72 . Raleigh has avoided much of this heat really . Past few years it seems to mostly focus charlotte south and west.

None the less nws has some storm chances next few days hope they materialize

Back