• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Scorchtember

Oh how ill give for those temps
gfs_T2m_us_64.png
I do tend to think it will cool down by month's end. How much cooler, that's another note

Holy Moses! Unless you're 65 or older, you haven't. Actually, it is even more impressive than that. Since records started back in 1879, the ENTIRE month of Sept. has had 98+ as KATL's hottest of the month in only 3 years: 1925 (8 days of 98+!!), 1941 (1 day of 99), and 1954 (2 days of 98). And by the way, don't forget that today's high may turn out even hotter than 98! So, if it gets to 99, you'd have to be 78 or older to have lived through the last time it was this hot there anytime in Sept!

KATL's high ended up to be an incredible 99! So, that is the hottest there for ANY Sept day since way back in 1941, when there was one day of 99 on 9/8. Besides 1941, the only other year with 99+ in Sep back at least to 1879 was 1925.
Since at least 1879, there has been only one day later in the season with 99 and that was in 1925 on surprisingly quite a late date, 9/20.
So, you'd have to be 94 or older to have been able to witness a day as hot as today's 99 this late in the season at KATL!

KATL's high ended up to be an incredible 99! So, that is the hottest there for ANY Sept day since way back in 1941, when there was one day of 99 on 9/8. Besides 1941, the only other year with 99+ in Sep back at least to 1879 was 1925.
Since at least 1879, there has been only one day later in the season with 99 and that was in 1925 on surprisingly quite a late date, 9/20.
So, you'd have to be 94 or older to have been able to witness a day as hot as today's 99 this late in the season at KATL!
When is the last time ATL hit triple digits this late in year?

Yep, a big snow actually did occur in ATL and other SE locations 3/2/1942. That was during the waning after a moderate to weak El Nino.
I used to look thru the scapbook when I was a kid and dream about seeing snow like those pictures. Grandmother said it was up to the trolley steps, and we all know how high that is, lol. Mother said at Weslynn in Macon they took cafeteria trays out to sled on. Maybe this a portent of another trolley step storm :)

94 degrees @ 6pm tonight on the soccer fields chasing a pack of 7 year olds was rough. The ground is so dry though and humidity is pretty low so it could have been worse. Looking at the extended this might be the hottest fall soccer season ever.

This looks like a repeat of last September. The GFS (especially the latest runs) keeps hinting/showing some cooler air but it's more from weak CAD events or rain episodes. I'm looking for that first crisp fall day with dew points in the 40s/50s area wide.

Please make it stop :). 97 degrees today slated for Franklin, TN. We have had 78 days in the 90’s this year and all seven days of the local seven day forecast call for between 92 and 97. “Normal” is 48 days of 90 are over for the whole year. We will nearly double that norm. WTH? I know we are not alone...of course no rain.

This heat is just ridiculous. Predicted heat index of 104 just cancelled my daughter's golf match this afternoon. Golf cancelled. In September.

Back