• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Scorchtember

Did Michael flip the pattern last year?

Yes. I don't remember how but we were talking about good riddance to both him and summer last year.

And well, that's some of the most unfortunate news that I heard today. So, we have to get a hurricane in which it's destination is similar to Michael (even if not homegrown) to have a shot at cooling down. Man that sucks.

Yes. I don't remember how but we were talking about good riddance to both him and summer last year.

And well, that's some of the most unfortunate news that I heard today. So, we have to get a hurricane in which it's destination is similar to Michael (even if not homegrown) to have a shot at cooling down. Man that sucks.
Looking at the GFS through the 25th when the hurricane hit the cold front was able to push in but the past two runs the hurricane doesn’t hit and the cold front seems to stall. Is the hurricane not hitting the reason the cold front stalls?

I wouldn't be surprised if RDU goes all of September without a low temperature <60°F for the second year in a row. We used to hit the upper 40s for lows on occasion in late September, I really miss those days.

Last edited:
aaa8f6ba5cdde9c21432b055770d0d73.jpg
aaa8f6ba5cdde9c21432b055770d0d73.jpg

Could it.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looking at the GFS through the 25th when the hurricane hit the cold front was able to push in but the past two runs the hurricane doesn’t hit and the cold front seems to stall. Is the hurricane not hitting the reason the cold front stalls?

I think its not as simple as the hurricane landfalling but more like how hurricanes (or actually cyclones period) are absorbed into the atmosphere can determine what the pattern is gonna be over a longer period.

There is a very strange substance falling from the sky in liquid form. I vaguely recall seeing this happen before.

ATL needed this like nobody’s business.

Get used to it, it’s going to be that consistency for the next 5 months!?

There is a very strange substance falling from the sky in liquid form. I vaguely recall seeing this happen before.

ATL needed this like nobody’s business.

sounds like a rock n' roll show from the late '60's or early 70's

~~~~~~~~~~

Actin' funny, but I don't know why
'Scuse me while I kiss the sky

What is this strange wet stuff I see all over the ground? It's completely foreign to me.

I even saw a couple of these weird yellow dots nearby on this site called real time lightning.

Hmmm, talk about a mystery...:eek:

I think its not as simple as the hurricane landfalling but more like how hurricanes (or actually cyclones period) are absorbed into the atmosphere can determine what the pattern is gonna be over a longer period.
It would be nice if a hurricane can change the SER so it's not a pest for winter. One can hope lol.

So far BNA (Nashville) has had 78 days of 90+ this year. I think the record is 96 days, and you wouldn't think we would have 18 more days of 90s this late in the year, but who knows.

Totally astounded to have received .5" of rain today, would never have believe it.

Back