• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern October Thread

The long range pattern in the means isn't a beauty by any stretch but if you are wanting something more fall like it'll work but I wouldn't be surprised for the pattern to be more choppy with warmer/cooler cycles as it gets closer.

We have seen an increase in AAM recently as well so we are at least digging out of the long term negative period we have seen.
View attachment 92421
The bumpy road begins … hopefully we can maybe get some severe weather out of one of these bumps and make things interesting before we transition over

I’m sorry you did not get your rain. Many others did. Some didn’t that’s how weather works unfortunately. I’m sure that hose will work just as well.

With your keen ability to not accept any accountability, you're definitely well on your way to becoming a heck of a Meteorologist. ?

With your keen ability to not accept any accountability, you're definitely well on your way to becoming a heck of a Meteorologist. ?
Yes I was wrong that smashes own backyard didn’t receive a full inch of rain. Unfortunately meteorologists don’t predict for backyards but more so an area as a whole. Many other areas received at least 1 inch of rain with some areas receiving enough rain to cause flash flooding. You can’t please everyone unfortunately. And you won’t be right for everyone’s backyard as well .. comes with the job. I should have been more clear as to say some areas have the potential to not reach the rainfall potential some models had printed out as rain could be more spotty than expected. I’ll try to do better in the future.

Yes I was wrong that smashes own backyard didn’t receive a full inch of rain. Unfortunately meteorologists don’t predict for backyards but more so an area as a whole. Many other areas received at least 1 inch of rain with some areas receiving enough rain to cause flash flooding. You can’t please everyone unfortunately. And you won’t be right for everyone’s backyard as well .. comes with the job. I should have been more clear as to say some areas have the potential to not reach the rainfall potential some models had printed out as rain could be more spotty than expected. I’ll try to do better in the future.

NickyBGuarantee*

BRad P does!

Honestly last nights rain was a pain to really nail down with limited consistency between models and even inconsistencies between each run. It certainly was more focused and farther west than I was thinking and as a whole not as widespread.

Honestly last nights rain was a pain to really nail down with limited consistency between models and even inconsistencies between each run. It certainly was more focused and farther west than I was thinking and as a whole not as widespread.
It was quite annoying as every model and even every run of the HRRR seemed to pin point a different location of max rain each new run. I guess that’s what you get when you have low pressure trying to organize off the coast along with upper level energy nearby. Still no excuse to get someone’s backyard rainfall reading incorrect. I’ll have to be more careful with my words when I end up representing a forecast area in the future.

That 18z gfs didn't disappoint too bad it's likely not right
It’s been consistent in trying to introduce some sort of bowling ball down here after our first “fall front” 17th-20 obviously that solution will change wildly as the days progress but I assume we see the models converge on an idea in the next week … until then tho the heat will more than likely hold until that front next weekend

Only gonna be in the 70s here tomorrow. Today was “hot” with a high of 90 and dews in the 30s-40s. ?

Keep the SE ridge a comin!
I ask out of curiosity but how does 90 degree weather feel with dew points that low .. is sweat even produced or does it feel like a nice spring day i dont know im Curious

I ask out of curiosity but how does 90 degree weather feel with dew points that low .. is sweat even produced or does it feel like a nice spring day i dont know im Curious
It really does feel like a nice spring day here. I’ll take a 90/39 over a 80-85/60 day in nc. It doesn’t really feel hot til the temps get to about 95. The weather in the SW US is underrated. Warmest part of the year here comes in June then it’s all downhill after that

Ended the event slightly under at 4.12". Still a lot of rain for a few days in October but not as extreme as the 5 to 6 they expected. Had everything to do with the rain splitting into AL and SC vs streaming through GA like the modeling initially suggested
We were sitting just over 4.5 and then yesterday there was a very localized down pour that landed us at 5.43 for the event.

It really does feel like a nice spring day here. I’ll take a 90/39 over a 80-85/60 day in nc. It doesn’t really feel hot til the temps get to about 95. The weather in the SW US is underrated. Warmest part of the year here comes in June then it’s all downhill after that
Bingo ! I don’t think people are aware just how pleasant places in New Mexico are . If I had to go west it’s where I would choose to live ! Socorro perhaps .

Bingo ! I don’t think people are aware just how pleasant places in New Mexico are . If I had to go west it’s where I would choose to live ! Socorro perhaps .
It’s very pleasant. My wife and I spent a few in Vegas a couple years ago and when we got off the plane it was 93 degrees, but the dewpoint was in the 40s. Also the temperatures drop off very quickly within 30 minutes of sunset… so most of that week we got 90 degree highs but the evenings were in the 60s.

Back