• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern October Thread

I ask out of curiosity but how does 90 degree weather feel with dew points that low .. is sweat even produced or does it feel like a nice spring day i dont know im Curious

I experienced many afternoons in the 80-90 range with 30s dewpoints in the Colorado Rockies at 8,000 feet elevation with beautiful blue skies and I hardly sweat. It was very pleasant and thus enjoyable to be outside and take in the beautiful scenery. The main concern was to protect against sunburns.

Meanwhile, I was outside here a little while ago and it actually felt pretty good with slightly drier air and a gentle N breeze around that low off NC with 70 F.

Yes I was wrong that smashes own backyard didn’t receive a full inch of rain. Unfortunately meteorologists don’t predict for backyards but more so an area as a whole. area as a whole. Many other areas received at least 1 inch of rain with some areas receiving enough rain to cause flash flooding. You can’t please everyone unfortunately. And you won’t be right for everyone’s backyard as well .. comes with the job. I should have been more clear as to say some areas have the potential to not reach the rainfall potential some models had printed out as rain could be more spotty than expected. I’ll try to do better in the future.

With the amount you complain about it you deserve 0 inches
You’re more in western anyway I suspect you’ll see more than 1 .. all u need is to get lucky with a couple of cells tomorrow and that’ll help .. we will have rain opportunity for the next week so id relax on the my backyard is dry apocalypse talk for now

You came at me bud. If you don't like the heat, then don't start stuff.

Now, just admit it, @jackendrickwx is the better student...

It is good to see that the models have trended so much cooler for midmonth in much of the E US vs what they showed through the Thursday runs of last week. This largely due to westward adjustment of of the mean upper trough into the E US vs well offshore in the runs from Thursday and earlier.

It is good to see that the models have trended so much cooler for midmonth in much of the E US vs what they showed through the Thursday runs of last week. This largely due to westward adjustment of of the mean upper trough into the E US vs well offshore in the runs from Thursday and earlier.
Before that, I think locations in corridor from Columbia to Fayetteville may have a shot sneaking in one more 90 degree high.

Back