• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Nippy November

One would think if the interior north-East can build up and keep their snow pack...it’s just a waiting game for a CAD event. Maybe an early icing?

The Euro Control has a large winter storm around hr 300. beautiful ULL spins around coastal NC
1573992000-ID3LV8mqwvM.png
1573948800-oa953RFUjMg.png
1573884000-N6RmUcYbZsc.png

^^You know I just posted about it being too early to get hopes up, but man the euro is cold at day 8/9. Then as Webber showed, there's a system moving into the SE at day 10. Who knows, just maybe....

As long as the Euro continues to show something, there's a chance. Can't recall the Euro showing something like this in November before.

^^You know I just posted about it being too early to get hopes up, but man the euro is cold at day 8/9. Then as Webber showed, there's a system moving into the SE at day 10. Who knows, just maybe....

Hey had an early December storm drop 9 to 10” at my house two years ago. Why not in November?

It may not happen, but that pattern above is pretty much what everyone was saying should have happened last year. What is a year between friends.

Yes the above pattern is showing up in November... yeah yeah yeah it’s “early” ... I say if the pattern is showing up and we’re in November we can definitely get cold air intruding in and everything I’ve seen is showing major cold coming ... that’s the biggest thing we usually have a problem with getting with storms.. be great full we are seeing winter storm chances in November one of these are bound to hit ?

Here's the 12z EPS 15 day snowfall matrix for Greensboro, NC. Still about 15-20% of members showing something around day 8-9 with a couple members biting just beyond day 10, likely as that southern stream wave over the SW US finally crawls out from underneath the western US ridge & into the shredder awaiting it over SE Canada & the Lakes.

Definitely novelties at this juncture but I certainly don't recall many (if any) instances of having even a glimmer of hope for token flakes this early in the season.

download (88).png

Hey had an early December storm drop 9 to 10” at my house two years ago. Why not in November?
I would usually say one month difference is huge this time of year. By the time you move into December, there's more cold available to the north, highs are stronger, the overall pattern has shifted farther south, etc.. But, the euro is forcing the discussion (of maybe) with what it shows in the extended.

It may not happen, but that pattern above is pretty much what everyone was saying should have happened last year. What is a year between friends.
I keep saying there’s not much difference in mid November and early December. Just give me a Dec 2002 ice storm redux, and I’m good for winter! It was amazing

The seasonal models from a few weeks ago never pick the current operational inputs for the next two weeks. I think we should always take seasonal outlooks with a grain of salt. Comparing this time last year and if verified we would be close to N/BN mid November

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, we have the Euro Weekly Control on board.
1573689600-04kHNk6jsn0.png
To see such a model coming on board is surprising. These euro temps are insane too. We have a heavy surplus of warmth to balance out, so it's definitely possible after months and months and even years of above average that we go below for once.

Back