• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Mega March 2023

Not too bad how it turned out. Yes fantasy but still
prateptype_cat_ecmwf-imp.conus.png
500hv.conus.png
And nearly on the 30th anniversary of March ‘93…

It gives me pause. The GEFS and GFS op are significantly more subdued as it pertains to the cold and the duration. That op run wasn’t impressive in the least. Though getting to normal and a little BN is a significant accomplishment compared to where we’ve been. I tend to think the Euro is overdoing things a bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I would put very little stock into the GFS suite… it has been performing horribly for months and the GFS op is basically useless outside of 4 days when it has no support from other models

GFS at 18z continues to be completely out to lunch compared to any other model and it’s ensemble group. Would put little to no stock in it at this point as a high amp phase 8 with blocking in the Arctic and westward retrograding -NAO does not support a pattern it’s laying out in the medium to long range. I think the euro/EPS cmc/GEPS have the right idea (and show similar pattern evolutions as a result) in how this evolution usually pans out with the pieces in play.

GFS at 18z continues to be completely out to lunch compared to any other model and it’s ensemble group. Would put little to no stock in it at this point as a high amp phase 8 with blocking in the Arctic and westward retrograding -NAO does not support a pattern it’s laying out in the medium to long range. I think the euro/EPS cmc/GEPS have the right idea (and show similar pattern evolutions as a result) in how this evolution usually pans out with the pieces in play.

It’s an outlier until we see if any of the other models follows suit. I get that it doesn’t make sense in regards to where the indices are headed but how could it be this far off? Seems insane.

It’s an outlier until we see if any of the other models follows suit. I get that it doesn’t make sense in regards to where the indices are headed but how could it be this far off? Seems insane.

The GFS is awful in every metric possible

just getting back for a few ,gotta get back focused on severe weather but got to say WOW at euro,taking verbatim...somebody gettin plastered...but lets see if it holds!!

No way anyone should believe this now. No need to get excited unless something is showing next Monday.
Really I’d rather a moderate strength wave come out of the west first and hit the Mid-Atlantic / NE which then establishes the eastern trough behind it, then a have second moderate-strong wave slide west to east into cold air over the SE

The N and NW portions of the forum may prefer to swing for the fences like Mickey Mantle and have the first wave come out in Big Bang fashion per Euro Control (warmer risks)

Really I’d rather a moderate strength wave come out of the west first and hit the Mid-Atlantic / NE which then establishes the eastern trough behind it, then a have second moderate-strong wave slide west to east into cold air over the SE

The N and NW portions of the forum may prefer to swing for the fences like Mickey Mantle and have the first wave come out in Big Bang fashion per Euro Control (warmer risks)
Tonight’s CMC holds strong with its previous runs. Exceptionally cold pattern for march. Impressive evolution here 1677733123230.gif

Tonight’s CMC holds strong with its previous runs. Exceptionally cold pattern for march. Impressive evolution here View attachment 133833
850 mb temp evolution is just insane for march. Below freezing all the way through Florida. That’ll support snow over the SE if you can get a system to show up in this time frame 1677733413775.gif

Nice line of storms just left the area. Quite a bit of lightning/thunder. Moderate rain was almost heavy a few times. Best thing about the storms was it cleaned some of the gutters out. The rain went from 0 to 100 in a couple seconds.
Bye bye-bye pollen!! See you in a few days.

Back