• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Mega March 2023

giphy.gif

GFS this morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lol yeah it’s starting to get a handle on things like the euro and CMC but it’s still a bit lost in the medium.. it’s catching up though I’m sure today the models will get on a better page hopefully for around the 10th

1678644000-uwYV4LrokaM.png

Now this is interesting. If we can spike the ridge out west and get some digging here we could score as there is no SER to speak and very cold air in place already.

1677775812768.png
You get the cold with no moisture, typical stuff

View attachment 133841
You get the cold with no moisture, typical stuff
GFS shows exactly why expecting anything besides well below average temps is fools gold more than likely. We had an East coast trough already in place with a spiked western ridge and the S/W coming out of the Northwest still didn't dig enough and we pushed WAA out ahead of the storm just to get a cold rain with big cold air sliding in behind it. So rinse and repeat.

No one should be expecting snow out of any winter pattern .. especially in the SE in march .. but you can guarantee it will feel like winter in this cold pattern setting up for march! I’m a lover for cold at heart .. snow would just be a bonus but I’m not expecting it.

Back