• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Mega March 2023

^^I have a lot of trees leafing out right now. I wouldn't mind some slightly below freezing temps just to ensure our last freeze of the season isn't in February; but (^^) low 20s would kill back everything. This might be the few times us cold weather lovers need to hope for slightly warmer temps.

^^I have a lot of trees leafing out right now. I wouldn't mind some slightly below freezing temps just to ensure our last freeze of the season isn't in February; but (^^) low 20s would kill back everything. This might be the few times us cold weather lovers need to hope for slightly warmer temps.
There is a 200 year old oak tree leafing our in our neighborhood. An iconic, picturesque one. Until it got exploded by a lightning strike this morning at 4 am.

Man that is horrible. Saw that with hurricane Fran. Everybody was crying about the damage to the houses, but it was the trees that upset me the most. As long as nobody gets hurt, a house can be rebuilt quickly. But a loss of an old tree is unreplaceable.

Oh and this is another system at just past day 11:

1677801623138.png

As we've discussed in the past, don't look at the fine details. Anything at this range will radically change form run to run. Just know that the pattern could produce something wintery by mid-month.

Oh and this is another system at just past day 11:

View attachment 133855

As we've discussed in the past, don't look at the fine details. Anything at this range will radically change form run to run. Just know that the pattern could produce something wintery by mid-month.
A shot or 2 is all you can ask for in March, especially this winter. The GFS Suite has definitely moved toward the CMC / Euro in the medium range

Back