• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Mega March 2023

Can they withstand a light frost/short duration freeze? I mean we surely get one or two every spring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes they can. The damage comes from either a hard freeze or and extended period of with multiple freezes and frost like we appear to be heading towards. The good thing is that it should still be early enough to see some reblooming once things warm back up, which won’t help for the early season crop but will for later in the season. The biggest issue is going to be strawberries… there’s only really about a 2 month window for areas outside of Florida and the southern parts of Georgia, Alabama, and Mississippi to get a good crop and have the right soil temperatures for them to ripen on the vine correctly, so if you lose your crop after they’ve bloomed too early, you don’t get it back.

The biggest issue is going to be strawberries… there’s only really about a 2 month window for areas outside of Florida and the southern parts of Georgia, Alabama, and Mississippi to get a good crop and have the right soil temperatures for them to ripen on the vine correctly, so if you lose your crop after they’ve bloomed too early, you don’t get it back.
EVksOAVXgAAhDVT.jpg

There's something happening here...
Depending on how long we can keep the trough positively tilted, this could be something here shortly. Atlantic looks great, and quickly raising heights out west.
Ends up too amped up for my liking, but the features are there. Retrograding Greenland block running west into a building west coast ridge, with 50/50 low that is actually drifting west a bit

Would have loved to seen a few more panels past 240hrs... someone in the mid-south was about to get biblical stuff. Cutting off a tad too far west for NC/SC at least for the first half of the storm.

Yes they can. The damage comes from either a hard freeze or and extended period of with multiple freezes and frost like we appear to be heading towards. The good thing is that it should still be early enough to see some reblooming once things warm back up, which won’t help for the early season crop but will for later in the season. The biggest issue is going to be strawberries… there’s only really about a 2 month window for areas outside of Florida and the southern parts of Georgia, Alabama, and Mississippi to get a good crop and have the right soil temperatures for them to ripen on the vine correctly, so if you lose your crop after they’ve bloomed too early, you don’t get it back.

The 12z GFS keeps us well above freezing for now at least!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ends up too amped up for my liking, but the features are there. Retrograding Greenland block running west into a building west coast ridge, with 50/50 low that is actually drifting west a bit
Yeah, it quickly closed off in the southwest. Need that to take place way further east, but the players are all on the field right now. Just depends if we truly can get cold enough.

I think verbatim it was going to have to Miller-B transfer to the coast at some point... northern NC probably measures in feet on that run with the strengthening wedge.

Back