• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Mega March 2023

Latest Canadian run quickly kicks out the western trough as the Pac Jet extends and the trough strengthens north of Hawaii (with ridge to its east). This is the move we need to see to get a good cold punch into the SE. The quicker this move occurs the better so that it can better take advantage of the later stages of the retrograding Greenland block, and have the flow back up for potential mayhem behind it.

PXRoy5i.gif

A39sMUw.gif

Week 1-2.5 of March will be warm. That last 7-10 day or so will be cool to cold depending on your location. Overall March will be above avg and April will come and tell the cold to get lost for good.
Not really. Most of March will likely be very below average outside of the first maybe 7-10 days at most. I just don't know if we get frozen, but it's definitely going to be cold and not cool and feel like winter for most of the east.

We’re going so high amp in phase 8 we’re going to end up in phase 1-2 as well down the road.. there’s high significance that temps remain below average in those phases in March especially 2 .. this phase 8 amplitude is impressive though 8ED8660B-919B-4B1B-A271-C596CE29B764.jpegE447E8E9-86CE-4E23-AAB5-479CA4B7DBDB.png

1678924800-ORBMCrTZLB8.png

If you want to try and get snow in Mid March, holding 850's below zero for a week straight and getting 2m temps averaging a good 10-15 below average over a 5 day period is your best shot to do it. One thing I am really not happy about is everyone was so happy for warmth and 70's these last 2 weeks, that we budded everything (especially the peach crop back my way) and there's no doubt that it's going to get killed behind cold like this and even our usual April cold snap that we get every year, but hey YAY for mid 70's in February right?

If you want to try and get snow in Mid March, holding 850's below zero for a week straight and getting 2m temps averaging a good 10-15 below average over a 5 day period is your best shot to do it. One thing I am really not happy about is everyone was so happy for warmth and 70's these last 2 weeks, that we budded everything (especially the peach crop back my way) and there's no doubt that it's going to get killed behind cold like this and even our usual April cold snap that we get every year, but hey YAY for mid 70's in February right?

Yeah, one day of warm weather is nice but the weather we've had is going to cost people a ton of dollars when we kill everything off.

1678924800-ORBMCrTZLB8.png

Nasty, that looks like low 60s here. That's cold.

I got peach farms on about every corner near my home and can walk 30 seconds to pick them and every single tree has buds on it right now. The crop is going to get hammered this year no doubt.

Can they withstand a light frost/short duration freeze? I mean we surely get one or two every spring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back