• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern June 2022

From SPC....

A Category 2/Slight Risk has been maintained across portions of the Mid Atlantic into the
Carolinas. Should confidence increase in a more organized, sustained MCS becoming established in the morning hours upstream of the
aforementioned buoyancy, a Category 3/Enhanced risk may be needed Also, some CAM guidance hints at considerable southwestward propagation of MCS convection into SC and a southwestward expansion of the Slight Risk is also possible in future Day 1 Outlooks.

Waking up to a severe thunderstorm warning in the mountains of NC. Up on a small mountain and the trees are getting worrisome.

Looks like a decaying mcs and a kther lined up for later in the day if it holds together.

Wasn't suppose to rain till Wednesday night here. I guess if someone needs rain all I need to do is book a vacation there.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220614-060526_RadarNow!.jpg
    Screenshot_20220614-060526_RadarNow!.jpg
    764.4 KB · Views: 15
My garden's done for, I can barely keep it up with 102-103.. View attachment 119182

Now that would be a truly historic heatwave...my goodness. Atlanta would break it's all time record of 106 degrees set back in 2012. It seems like historic June heatwaves are becoming a regular thing in the states. Last year, it was the pacific northwest.

RDU bottomed out at a “cool” 80 for a low last night. ?

This morning’s 80 degree low blows away the prior record high minimum for today of 76. Now, we’ll almost definitely break the record high of 97 with a forecast of 100. Surprisingly, yesterday’s high temperature of 99 did not break a record, as the record high for June 13th of 100 was set back in 2002.

EDIT: Not sure we break today’s record high with all these clouds around, though.

Last edited:
Back