• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern June 2022

Shaggy

Reaction score
Corn crop here is toast. Most fields have tassles already and are barely 3 to 4 feet tall. Gonna be a low yield this year. PGV is running about 6.5 inch deficit right now and the long range mocels out to 10 days are bleak for precip. Expect nothing but acceleration of the drought conditions to take hold.

NorthDFWwx

Pureblood
Reaction score
Also, if the current forecast holds, June 2022 would tie with 1953 for the top 3 highest number of 100°F+ on record in Dallas, while only behind 1980 & 2011.

NorthDFWwx

Pureblood
Reaction score
Will need confirmation that temps didn't drop intra-hour, but yet another record high minimum was set at DFW this morning of 82*F (previous record being 80*F in 2019).

Although DFW did drop intra-hour to 81°F, that still breaks the previous record.

smast16

Supporter
Reaction score
Corn crop here is toast. Most fields have tassles already and are barely 3 to 4 feet tall. Gonna be a low yield this year. PGV is running about 6.5 inch deficit right now and the long range mocels out to 10 days are bleak for precip. Expect nothing but acceleration of the drought conditions to take hold.
GFS has rain on day 7, but saying it's dubious is probably giving it too much faith.

This 0.80" for June aint gonna cut it.

Snowlover87

Reaction score
Looks like a couple more days of intense heat and then we finally get back to 'June'. I'll take high 80's with scattered t-storms all day.
If you're lucky you'll be in the upper 80s. NWS is saying low 90s for your area Fri thru Mon. Hopefully it doesnt end up warmer than that.

metwannabe

Meanager and I don't care
Staff member
Reaction score
You might have the golden ticket this evening. I was kind of surprised to see spc push the mgnl this far south. Has the makings of another ripping dry ofb
Yeah maybe. Some models have it missing wide east, some dying out as it approaches and some jackpot, the ofb is certainly a concern. Although these MCSs almost always make it further then model forecast so we shall see. Seems a tad ahead of schedule

iGRXY

Reaction score
Currently 94 here which is surprisingly a lower temperature considering it looked like it was going to be 100+ today in particular. Likely will finish the work week around mid 90's which is hot, but not as bad as previously thought here.

Stump

Reaction score
We need rain in JoCo. Grass is brown and I cannot remember the last time we got a measurable amount where I am. The storms we had this past week split around MBY and now grass is brown and crunchy. Can't water due to water pipe issues. Getting desperate.

SD

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
We need rain in JoCo. Grass is brown and I cannot remember the last time we got a measurable amount where I am. The storms we had this past week split around MBY and now grass is brown and crunchy. Can't water due to water pipe issues. Getting desperate.
Yeah I've been doing the water deeply once a week method and by day 4-5 drought stress is showing I can't keep up unless I want to throw a few hundred $ at it. Might be the first time I abandon the sprinklers and just let it go

Shaggy

Reaction score
Looking out through 144 which is what inconsoder fairly reliable model time frames I get about .4 inches. Not much more from then until 240 which is starting to reach fantasy land . River here is way down. Ponds are shrinking quick