• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern June 2022

And lol at Metro Atlanta and the storms. Some things never change...
LOL,,,Yes, the problem is the KATL forecast area is massive, almost half the state since GA got jipped off by two lesser states to the E and W with multiple NWS offices. Lets look at small South Carolina, they have NWS offices and Radars in GSP< CAE and CHS. Alabama three offices and radars, HSV, BHM, and MOB. Ga, a much bigger, (area), and population has one, at KATL, and don't give the the BS that the other offices do a good job at covering the portions of GA not by KATL, because they dont. BS

Got up to 92 around 1 before the dying storms moved in. Have since recovered and its up to 93 as of now.

Looks like tomorrow will have a shot at the warmest day of the year so far, but hopefully we can squeeze out a storm at some point.

I mean this won’t verify but the 12z GFS has Atlanta getting to 106 tomorrow? Why is it so bad

I don't know how accurate it is. 106 tomorrow in Atlanta? It won't get there if there is convection firing around the area again.
For sure - I wasn’t saying it’s going to be accurate. I don’t think Atlanta will get over 100 tomorrow. I was more just observing that the GFS could be so far off on this particular run.

For sure - I wasn’t saying it’s going to be accurate. I don’t think Atlanta will get over 100 tomorrow. I was more just observing that the GFS could be so far off on this particular run.
Is your thinking that Atlanta won't get above 100 tomorrow because of clouds ?

Back