• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern June 2022

Some areas in GA forecast to be 105 next week !
I'm going to bet that temps will be closer to the 0z Euro output. Low to mid 90's mostly. Still hot and humid, but not 105 garbage. The GFS over does it on extremes. I don't know why, but I wish they would fix it. Also, the ensembles are very useful beyond 3 days on temps in the summer time, in my opinion.

I'm going to bet that temps will be closer to the 0z Euro output. Low to mid 90's mostly. Still hot and humid, but not 105 garbage. The GFS over does it on extremes. I don't know why, but I wish they would fix it. Also, the ensembles are very useful beyond 3 days on temps in the summer time, in my opinion.
I think its mainly for areas like Albany and Augusta.

It's 93 degrees here but in the last hour or so I've noticed a few clouds covering up the sun from time to time so I'm thinking triple digits are probably not going to happen today. I'm hoping my vegetable garden located east of Garner will be the recipient of one of those widely isolated thunder storms that have been mentioned in a couple of forecasts. I've only had a trace of rain there in the past ten days and hopefully something will pop up to break the dry spell.

Last edited:
You can tell it's been a while since we had a true heatwave in our region
We all have been talking about the same thing at work for the past month or two. While ofcourse the blistering week of 100’s in October of 2019 were bad, you really have to go back to 2016 to find the summer the heat wouldn’t end. You wouldn’t even have to look at the forecast as you knew it was sunny at 95-98 degrees with no chance of rain for three straight months.

The last two summers have really spoiled us here in AL.

The 3k NAM is showing a helluva overnight MCS for the coastal Carolinas

FFC has a heat advisory for tomorrow now.

311 PM EDT Mon Jun 13 2022

...HEAT ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM NOON TO 8 PM EDT TUESDAY...

* WHAT...Heat index values of 105 to 110 expected.

* WHERE...Portions of central, east central, north central,
northeast, northwest, southeast and west central Georgia.

* WHEN...From noon to 8 PM EDT Tuesday.

* IMPACTS...Hot temperatures and high humidity may cause heat
illnesses to occur.

* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...Afternoon thunderstorms could temper the heat
in some areas during the day tomorrow and could provide some
temporary relief from the heat.

Back