• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern June 2022

that’s what sticks out about this set up. Typically when we see triple digit temperatures in the Carolinas, the humidity tends to be held in check a bit or at least where heat indicies are not out of control… that doesn’t appear to be the case this week
Dews may mix out into the 60s and even upper 50s. We'll see.

DFW has broken the record high miminum again today, with a low of only 80°F (previous record was 79°F).

Record high today is also 103°F, which should be tied or broken again.

If DFW makes it to at least 105°F today, it would be the earliest Dallas has seen a temp this warm so early in the season in 95 years, only beat by 5/27/1927 with a high of 107°F. It would also be the earliest Dallas has ever seen a daily average this warm on record (92°F

Last edited:
Pretty good consensus on RDU and CLT making a real run at 100+ on Tuesday but we are going to see how hard it is to make 100 around here. Debris clouds, extensive CU field, convection, ofbs could easily cut high short in the 96-99 range

A high of 102 is forecasted here for me in Linden, NC on Tuesday.
Fayetteville just 15 miles south of me is forecasted for a high of 103 on Tuesday.
Now to see where the dew points end up.

Forecast for Cayce SC (right outside of downtown Columbia) next week. Ouch.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220612-112305_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220612-112305_Chrome.jpg
    662.2 KB · Views: 33
Pretty good consensus on RDU and CLT making a real run at 100+ on Tuesday but we are going to see how hard it is to make 100 around here. Debris clouds, extensive CU field, convection, ofbs could easily cut high short in the 96-99 range
Yeah, ---- all this --------!2963494B-ABA4-4A77-8F5F-26DB54842385.png

The 500mb ridge placement is horrible for parts of the Carolinas. It centers itself just to the west of the Apps and creates further compression of the subsiding air because of the mountains. Exactly how one would get a prolific summer heat wave for those areas. The 12z NAM does shift the center of the upper level ridge towards the east and puts the core of the heat more towards GA on Wednesday(it might be overmodeling the temps though)....otherwise it's really a lot of pain for the entire SE this week.

Storms north of me but so far nothing within 30 miles of me. Crops looking bleak and PGV has slipped down to a 6.25 inch deficit and counting

OK, now NWS shows a high of 106 for my area Tuesday. I can't remember the last time I saw these kind of temps in Central NC.
I think the record for Fayetteville (just south of me) is 110, which is the record for the state I believe set back in 1983.

OK, now NWS shows a high of 106 for my area Tuesday. I can't remember the last time I saw these kind of temps in Central NC.
I think the record for Fayetteville (just south of me) is 110, which is the record for the state I believe set back in 1983.
I’m gonna guess that it was August 2007. The three hottest days I’ve ever experienced occurred during that heat wave… 105, 107. and 106 on successive days. That heat wave also had dewpoints well into the 60s during the hottest part of the day

Back