• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern June 2022

I’m gonna guess that it was August 2007. The three hottest days I’ve ever experienced occurred during that heat wave… 105, 107. and 106 on successive days. That heat wave also had dewpoints well into the 60s during the hottest part of the day
It was on August 21 1983 that Fayetteville hit 110.

Edit: Also, Asheville NC hit 100 with that heatwave

It was on August 21 1983 that Fayetteville hit 110.

Edit: Also, Asheville NC hit 100 with that heatwave
Yeah i couldn’t remember if it was ‘83 or ‘84 on that one. I just have better memory of the 2007. I would have to check, but if I’m not mistaken Albemarle recorded a 110 degree high in August 2007

Garden is throwing the cucumbers,squash,zuchinni out in droves. Tomatoes are green. Humidity is a blessing with the heat coming, although its not good for the body. Garden will be wrapped up by June 30,save tomatoes,beans and peppers. Corn is always at risk of svre gullywasher laying it down these next 4 weeks. Field corn no problem.

DFW only made it to 102*F today, one degree shy of the record.

Despite no cirrus unlike yesterday, winds weren't as veered (mostly out of the South), which led to slightly poorer mixing.

0.36" for June so far. Ruh Roh shaggy....

Drove to my sisters outside Reidsville. Corn not looking good.

1655124271938.png

Here's the zoomed in view. Rolled up tight like the leaves on a Cigar.

1655124373081.png

Most of the corn that is not irrigated looks like this. If we don't get some rain this week, we might get a flash drought mention.

Those of use east of the apps/ especially west of 77 likely will see transient heat before we level back out to normal summer time temps wit elevated rain chances for everyone east of the apps. The Coastal plain in NC/SC likely will get those upper 90's and isolated 100 readings at the heat really settles along the flat land, but I still think it will be transient. The -NAO is likely going to help "protect" us from the surging heat that is out west and at least keep scattered storms across much of the area. Everyone west of the Apps? good luck the rest of summer as it looks right now.

Back