• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry January 8-9 Wintery Weather Potential!

1609771062902.png
If I had to make a guess as of right now where I would see accumulating snowfall of some kind this is where I would have it and where my confidence level is right now to see it. But as Webber alluded to, that warm nose is going to have to be watched very closely, especially for the area in the purple. I'd almost feel better saying those that live west of 77 definitely have the best chance of seeing snow as they will be the furthest away from the WAA. For the upstate if we can continue the trend of the ULL passing south of I20 as a good portion of the models show right now I think the Northern upstate would likely see some flakes flying out of this (which is win in this setup) especially as the ULL pulls away.

View attachment 62417
If I had to make a guess as of right now where I would see accumulating snowfall of some kind this is where I would have it and where my confidence level is right now to see it. But as Webber alluded to, that warm nose is going to have to be watched very closely, especially for the area in the purple. I'd almost feel better saying those that live west of 77 definitely have the best chance of seeing snow as they will be the furthest away from the WAA. For the upstate if we can continue the trend of the ULL passing south of I20 as a good portion of the models show right now I think the Northern upstate would likely see some flakes flying out of this (which is win in this setup) especially as the ULL pulls away.
Definitely think areas west of 77/north of 40 in NC have the best shot

View attachment 62417
No way any of the upstate and northern GA has that high a chance of snow IMHO. At best I’d put the very tip of the upstate around around 20%, and get rid of the snow in north GA. You guys have to limit your expectations.

No way any of the upstate and northern GA has that high a chance of snow IMHO. At best I’d put the very tip of the upstate around around 20%, and get rid of the snow in north GA. You guys have to limit your expectations.
I think people in the Northeast Georgia mountains can see snow tbh.

As of model runs now, the ULL is in a favorable position for us to see some snow falling. Even GSP is hinting at it now and the best opportunity tis from the backend as the ULL pulls away. The upstate definitely has an opportunity to see snow falling. Doesn't mean it'll be much at all but snow falling is a possibility right now. But even I have it very low right now. 20-30% really isn't much in the way of confidence

As of model runs now, the ULL is in a favorable position for us to see some snow falling. Even GSP is hinting at it now and the best opportunity tis from the backend as the ULL pulls away. The upstate definitely has an opportunity to see snow falling. Doesn't mean it'll be much at all but snow falling is a possibility right now. But even I have it very low right now. 20-30% really isn't much in the way of confidence
I know I had a similar discussion with you with the last system, but in an incredibly marginal setup, where GSP is on the line, I’d bet it doesn’t work out, same goes for CLT and RDU.

I honestly wouldn’t sleep on the threat of some sort of deformation band, especially in ENC, just think BL temps would be a issue especially during the middle of the day

If I was to go wit something per the models, this is what I got (chances of accum snow) I think areas NW of I-40/west of 77 into VA stand the best shot at some solid snow View attachment 62422
Ur strip from roan to beech looks good snow maps are impossible to predict up this way lots of microclimates.

9ed2a6fff0e11c5f00d085a358e82747.jpg

Moments ago from Chris justice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If I was to go wit something per the models, this is what I got (chances of accum snow) I think areas NW of I-40/west of 77 into VA stand the best shot at some solid snow View attachment 62422
I would extend the 10% band (or create a separate polygon for the northern coastal plan into SE Va. Some of the models show this potential along with what RAH mentioned.

Back