• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry January 8-9 Wintery Weather Potential!

I would extend the 10% band (or create a separate polygon for the northern coastal plan into SE Va. Some of the models show this potential along with what RAH mentioned.
Your right, might add some stuff later if I see more consistency with that, like I said tho I think tho only problem would be, it’s coming thru peak heating with marginal sfc temps 4D8E37FC-3BB4-4D08-BD24-600C3511D2FF.jpeg

9ed2a6fff0e11c5f00d085a358e82747.jpg

Moments ago from Chris justice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Northern Upstate = Landrum

Definitely would feel more comfortable with a surface low track like 200 miles S and E of where it currently is. It’s a good look for the mountains, though.

Definitely would feel more comfortable with a surface low track like 200 miles S and E of where it currently is. It’s a good look for the mountains, though.
Yeah honestly I think for any hope at accumulating snow, it would be on the backside of the system ith CAA aloft/deformation zone sets up

Just curious. What is the southern extent of the upstate ? Are Greenwood and Newberry in the upstate ?

Your right, might add some stuff later if I see more consistency with that, like I said tho I think tho only problem would be, it’s coming thru peak heating with marginal sfc temps View attachment 62423

I think you're close but that elevation needs to be considered more for the areas in red as opposed to their Piedmont Counterpart. A lot of people forget that even Hendersonville has a higher elevation than Asheville, Sylva or Marshall. I think those areas will do good here.

1609774126460.png

Back