• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Jan 30-Feb 2 2021 ❄️ Potential

Haven’t heard much about the backside potential but I think that holds some of the best potential for most of us to see something cool as in convective upper low snow squalls ??

My buddy in Reidsville has had his totals cut from 3-6" to about 1" over the last 12 hours.

By NWS Blacksburg.

The returns looks like they’re making it to the ground in Georgia and tennessee and that’s all apart of the front band .. which most models aren’t even seeing right now! ... hmmmmmmm??????????

One thing concerning I see from the RGEM is that it brings back more freezing rain Sunday night into Monday morning.
We will have stout ne wind funneling air from the ne into us. Much like HP does. Once the coastal takes over sun night into Monday

RGEM for the win.
Current WB

Attachments

• 20210130_110404.jpg
    20210130_110404.jpg
    192.9 KB · Views: 60
Yeah some brief breaks but never any real blue sky. 36 rn with DP bouncing between 21/20. Also DP is 18 at KSPA so I may be off on my station
Definitely colder and much lower DPs right now. Sub freezing wet bulb is down through NGA right now.

Clouds definitely rolled in a lot quicker this morning

Back