• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Jan 30-Feb 2 2021 ❄️ Potential

The 18Z HRRR soundings (for my area) have a 33/28 spread at the outset of precipitation around 4am, which could be sleet. Temps then fall to 32 and remain there through about 10 am. This only tells us what we already knew: the difference between ice and plain rain is razor thin.

The RAP is about the only model left (we'll see about the NAMs in a minute) that still likes the front end band tonight:

RAPMA_prec_kuchsnow12_018.png

NAM starting up. Already initialized too warm and too high on the DPs and tries to raise them to the mid 20's by 4 pm.

Things just don’t get colder towards veri no more tbh, seems like with each passing CAD, it’s “ends up getting stronger/colder” slowly becomes something of the past
Yeah, it sure hasn’t happened this year. If anything, we realize the models have CAD overdone!!

Looks like the fantasy finger is a mirage, as I feared yesterday! The winter of misery continues! May Fab Feb save us, but I gotta say it’s not looking good!!

Back