• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Jan 30-Feb 2 2021 ❄️ Potential

Hey guys! Long time forum reader/model watcher here. I typically don’t post because I don’t have the knowledge many of you do. Thanks for all the model analysis! I’m curious to see how this one unfolds. It appears I’m in the jackpot zone for zr according to most short range guidance. I’d like to think I could get a meaningful front end thump of snow and sleet before the transition to zr but I don’t think it looks very likely at this point. The globals and some short range models take me slightly above freezing at the tail end of the event. As much as I like having power the wennie in me hopes it can stay below freezing for the whole duration. Good luck to you guys to my north expecting more snow than zr!

Much like other "storms" this year, looks like the temps are going to be higher that the models originally showed leading to mostly rain in the Triad as we approach go time. Northern Mountains/foothills should do okay with this while the big winners will be our friends to the north in Va.

Much like other "storms" this year, looks like the temps are going to be higher that the models originally showed leading to mostly rain in the Triad as we approach go time. Northern Mountains/foothills should do okay with this while the big winners will be our friends to the north in Va.
Temps in the Triad and Piedmont are exactly where the models had them, low 40's. The triad and Piedmont are absolutely in the perfect spot for ice out of this system.

Back