• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Jan 30-Feb 2 2021 ❄️ Potential

Yeah, it sure hasn’t happened this year. If anything, we realize the models have CAD overdone and hot ice storm threats turn to a light glaze at the onset followed by rain!
Yeah, even the warm biased icon was to cold with this event days ago, but yeah CAD seems to overperform and ruin a warm day, but doesn’t ever overperform for wintry wx, lol

Agree, as far as frozen precip around here, results have been less than advertised this season. Right up to go time
I haven’t seen a winter event overperform for me since 2015 (granted, I didn’t live here for a few years). They usually underperform or bust, and I’m just hoping they at least meet the official forecast.

Yeah, I don’t know if the modeling is better with CAD these days or our winters just suck so badly. All CAD gets us now is cold rains.

And with a -NAO, too. We are lucky to get one marginal winter storm around here each winter since 2000. Getting two storms with 2 inches or more of snow is just about impossible. It's either nothing, one big storm, or one marginal storm and maybe a couple of trace events.

37/19 vs forecast of 42/22 thick cloud deck.
This is exactly why I am not buying the NAMs outlook. It's way too warm with DPs right now and generally a couple degrees too warm on temps at certain locations. You're going to get the type of precip it's spitting out when it's not initializing the dryer air in real time.

This is exactly why I am not buying the NAMs outlook. It's way too warm with DPs right now and generally a couple degrees too warm on temps at certain locations. You're going to get the type of precip it's spitting out when it's not initializing the dryer air in real time.

Yeah it did initialize to high, I still don’t think it even matters much but AAA9BD5B-4DDB-41F3-8EA9-AEDFAE4EE4BF.pngBA069C6A-9BDE-4B47-B095-8DB4551CF064.png

I used to be excited about wintertime CAD setups lol, nowadays they suck, when was the last deep CAD ? 2016 ?
Yea if this was a true Cad we would have a big High parked in the Hudson Bay area with 10-15mph NE winds into the upstate. Havent seen that in a minute.
Btw 40/29..suckfest

Back