• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Jan 15-16 Winter Storm Discussion & Obs

Won’t see any changes from me every run. Still going with Mount Rogers, Virginia for this storm! May head up that way Friday as my snow spot winner. Charlotte NC is gonna be very tricky uptown may see 1-3” snow while the city is much less due to ice and rain. To be even more specific, the have and have nots with the ground being white or not is likely to be in Mecklenburg County. Either way, many on this board will score with a mixed bag. I don’t think a widespread ice storm will occur either, it’s likely to be a thin strip of counties over upstate SC and north-east Georgia perhaps stretching north east into Huntersville NC off i77.

Won’t see any changes from me every run. Still going with Mount Rogers, Virginia for this storm! May head up that way Friday as my snow spot winner. Charlotte NC is gonna be very tricky uptown may see 1-3” snow while the city is much less due to ice and rain. To be even more specific, the have and have nots with the ground being white or not is likely to be in Mecklenburg County. Either way, many on this board will score with a mixed bag. I don’t think a widespread ice storm will occur either, it’s likely to be a thin strip of counties over upstate SC and north-east Georgia perhaps stretching north east into Huntersville NC off i77.
Might wanna move a tad east for the heaviest snow axis

Well, there ya go folks. We now officially have a dependable forecast that we can all safely rely on. Thank you Birdman, for all you do...

Wait, Uptown is 1-3” while the city is safe? Have they moved uptown since I moved to durham?
Yeah, I was definitely being sarcastic to the world-famous Birdman. It made no sense once so ever which is what caused me to respond. Even while battling strep and possibly Covid. Anyways, I still stand by my original statement that there is still way too much time to go. Especially when narrowing accumulations by 2.4 miles...

Suppressed solutions continue to appear on GEFS which puts my mind at ease. Can we say the holy words “We toss!” for 18z OP??? Lol

No we don’t toss because the OP definitely a scenario. However we don’t lean heavily on the OP either because the essambles still hold a lot of weight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back