• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Freezing Ferocious February

There is snow/mix in Augusta and near CHS over the 5/6th, so there's some cold somewhere
Yeah it’s close. If it would turn up the coast a bit more at the end, it could cook up a little more. Let’s see what happens with the subsequent runs over the next couple of days. I don’t think much winter weather will happen with this one east of the mountains, but who knows?

image.png :mad:TWC says what cold air? FMBY

Well I know one thing that won't verify, even if it means that we'll see a East ridge, it's what I saw on the EPS on 240 just isn't going to verify at all. The reason why has already been explained.

Icon keeps the interest up for Friday around here
27583004_2005394119488236_1887857684_n.png

27496351_2005395666154748_609532845_n.png

Thank you, Eric and Larry for the discussions back and forth. I'm learning/absorbing a ton. (with Googles help) Lol
Thanks again!

Let me tell you about snow and 50 degree temps! :(
Kind of like the only thing left on the bar being a day old sausage and pepperoni with all the pepperoni missing and a bite taken out. :(

Unfortunately the 18z ICON was a big step backwards from the 12z that you just posted. I hope that the 12z is correct, but 18z looked much different.
oops, my bad..I looked at the 12Z because it went out to 180 hours and forgot to look at the 18Z. Yep, not nearly as good for sure.

Kind of like the only thing left on the bar being a day old sausage and pepperoni with all the pepperoni missing and a bite taken out. :(
Kind of like when you havnt eaten all day, waiting on that delicious pizza and stroll up to the bar, pizzas are all out and all they have is spaghetti and Mac n cheese! :mad:
We may not see bitter cold anytime soon, but normal to slightly below and lots of rain is a win!

Kind of like when you havnt eaten all day, waiting on that delicious pizza and stroll up to the bar, pizzas are all out and all they have is spaghetti and Mac n cheese! :mad:
We may not see bitter cold anytime soon, but normal to slightly below and lots of rain is a win!
There’s a ton of fresh, delicious, piping hot chocolate chip up in Canada just waiting for somebody to bring it out!

Some of you have seen this storm a bunch of times but it happened on this date in 1922, and up to 3 feet of snow fell in Roxboro. Postmaster and editor of the Roxboro Courier carefully took several measurements in the snow to reduce drifting, thus the 3 foot report in Roxboro is likely legit and is a single-storm record for any station east of the NC mountains in at least the last century & a half, if not more. The next closest values I've come across came in the March 1927 blizzard where Nashville & Wilson reported 31 and 30 inches respectively.
January 27-28 1922 NC Snow map.png
Screen Shot 2018-01-28 at 8.29.08 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-01-28 at 8.27.52 PM.png

Some of you have seen this storm a bunch of times but it happened on this date in 1922, and up to 3 feet of snow fell in Roxboro. Postmaster and editor of the Roxboro Courier carefully took several measurements in the snow to reduce drifting, thus the 3 foot report in Roxboro is likely legit and is a single-storm record for any station east of the NC mountains in at least the last century & a half, if not more. The next closest values I've come across came in the March 1927 blizzard where Nashville & Wilson reported 31 and 30 inches respectively.
View attachment 3554
View attachment 3552
View attachment 3553

Prior to this, this storm gave SAV a very rare severe ZR.

00z Icon hits Tennessee hard, especially NE, and then the GFS has little to nothing. Ill side with the ICON and Euro.
Tennessee seems to be in a good spot per reading posts. Im sure SE TN will be in the screwzone. Sorry lol had to say it. I want some snow! Have only had 1" so far!

Back