• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Severe December 28th -new years possible severe weather event.

Enhanced risk extended slightly east in north Alabama

Enhanced risk extended slightly east in north Alabama
5502F5DF-2BAB-49A3-9BE9-52B6B786443C.jpeg

A conditional significant-
tornado potential appears roughly collocated with the "enhanced"
area, with forecast hodographs on the fringes of that parameter
space; one may need to be added in a future outlook if sustained
supercell potential appears in more-confident large-hodograph
setting. “

Yeah I just looked at that my hopes for southern clutter has all but diminished with faster progression. Damn it.... Sure was hopeful. Still a chance but most southern activity is being booted to the east rapidly, leaving little to no blocking. Not looking good.

Sent from my Armor 9 using Tapatalk
Nothing ever pointed to southern convection cutting off inflow, so you shouldn’t be surprised your wish cast didn’t come to fruition.

Looks like the HRRR wants to mix out DPs in some areas and in others it decouples the boundary layer, either could be wrenches although the latter loves to be forecasted and rarely happens. Something I am watching is to see if directional shear continues to increase across central AL. The trend so far has been to increase this as we go on. The HRRR would be problematic for the BHM area just after sunset.

Looks like the HRRR wants to mix out DPs in some areas and in others it decouples the boundary layer, either could be wrenches although the latter loves to be forecasted and rarely happens. Something I am watching is to see if directional shear continues to increase across central AL. The trend so far has been to increase this as we go on. The HRRR would be problematic for the BHM area just after sun
Luckily I'll be home by the time it reaches Birmingham. If anything it could be a bunch of spin ups in my area. Also, the sunset hours Could be another spark in activity, shear increases when the sun goes down. I'd expect instability to remain around a 1000, maybe a bit more. Storms seem to be a bit more jumpy after the sun sets. Aka April 28th 2014.

Nothing ever pointed to southern convection cutting off inflow, so you shouldn’t be surprised your wish cast didn’t come to fruition.
I think he may have been talking about new years threat. I've posted a couple times in the wrong thread lol

Looks like the HRRR wants to mix out DPs in some areas and in others it decouples the boundary layer, either could be wrenches although the latter loves to be forecasted and rarely happens. Something I am watching is to see if directional shear continues to increase across central AL. The trend so far has been to increase this as we go on. The HRRR would be problematic for the BHM area just after sunset.
14z HRRR has increased it a good bit it looks like.

Is there a reliable numeric relationship between the nadocast percentages and the tor-con index (e.g. 40% on nadocast = approximate tor-con of 7)?

Back