• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2022 Spring/Summer Whamby Thread

So do we want to discuss the tropics in the monthly threads breaking out invests and systems into their own thread or have the discussion in the 2022 hurricane season thread and breaking systems out into their own as they come?

So do we want to discuss the tropics in the monthly threads breaking out invests and systems into their own thread or have the discussion in the 2022 hurricane season thread and breaking systems out into their own as they come?
I'd think from hurricane thread to individual threads as they come

So, let's review the last three severe threats we have had for NC.

5/18 into 5/19 the SPC has us under a level 2 risk. Nothing happens and they lower the risk. Then we end up getting damaging storms overnight into the morning of the 20th when not under any severe risk from the SPC.

5/23 we are under a level 1 risk and no watches. End up getting multiple severe storms and tornadoes confirmed in Charlotte and Durham with damage.

Last night there's a tornado in Iredell County before a watch comes out. This morning we were under a level 2 risk and a tornado watch. Had some severe storm warnings, but the storms were not as bad as they were on 5/23 when we were under a level 1 risk and no watch.

So, let's review the last three severe threats we have had for NC.

5/18 into 5/19 the SPC has us under a level 2 risk. Nothing happens and they lower the risk. Then we end up getting damaging storms overnight into the morning of the 20th when not under any severe risk from the SPC.

5/23 we are under a level 1 risk and no watches. End up getting multiple severe storms and tornadoes confirmed in Charlotte and Durham with damage.

Last night there's a tornado in Iredell County before a watch comes out. This morning we were under a level 2 risk and a tornado watch. Had some severe storm warnings, but the storms were not as bad as they were on 5/23 when we were under a level 1 risk and no watch.

These are just the facts. Not sure why stating the facts makes me a weenie.

Just stop by to say hey, hope everyone is doing well !! Let me snow when summer is over, when we can start the exciting winter forecast guessing game........ peace, happiness, and below normal temps !!

I see what you did there...

Not even 90s today but way too hot and humid for my taste. The next four months of furnace weather is going to be like a slow torture.
Been getting digits by the boatload at the pool this past weekend from girls and getting drunk the last 4 days. I’d say summer is treating me even better then the last several summers so far

Not even 90s today but way too hot and humid for my taste. The next four months of furnace weather is going to be like a slow torture.
Yes it is. I agree completely. I've been counting down the days since February when we have had spring like temps ever since. Fall cannot get here fast enough for me.

Back