• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2022 Spring/Summer Whamby Thread

jackendrickwx

Hometown: Spartanburg, SC
Meteorology Student
Reaction score
Been mostly disconnected for the past two weeks working as a camp counselor. Catch me up. What are we complaining about lately?

Tarheel1

I LOVE BBW’s AND CHICKEN WINGS
Supporter
Reaction score
Been mostly disconnected for the past two weeks working as a camp counselor. Catch me up. What are we complaining about lately?
Death ridge pinching one off on the SE! And 5$ a gallon gas! I Havnt hit 80 in 12 days, I think that’s all! SD is having his own personal drought, that is all!----👅🐙🥂

__nevii

Reaction score
The complaints about summer drought are the reason why I feel that Med climates are overrated — dryness is the normal for summer in those climates.

metwannabe

Meanager and I don't care
Staff member
Reaction score
The complaints about summer drought are the reason why I feel that Med climates are overrated — dryness is the normal for summer in those climates.
Help me out here, you talking about the drought talk from us in the SE? It's a subtropical climate with summer months actually averaging the most rainfall. Here for instance June, July, Aug and Sept have the highest avg. precip. Maybe I'm misunderstanding your comment

Screenshot_20220612-070647_Chrome.jpg

smast16

Supporter
Reaction score
Help me out here, you talking about the drought talk from us in the SE? It's a subtropical climate with summer months actually averaging the most rainfall. Here for instance June, July, Aug and Sept have the highest avg. precip. Maybe I'm misunderstanding your comment

View attachment 119135
Not disagreeing with you, but I wonder how much the August and especially September rainfall averages are influenced from tropical systems?

I don't personally think Sept is a wet month outside of tropical systems. Anecdotal impressions is that Sept. is mainly quick hitting FroPa, followed by dry (low humidity) days following. 2 or 3 years with normal weather leads to averages of 1"-2" of rainfall with the odd years with Tropical activity leading to a monthly total of 6"+ throwing off the averages.

Need @Lickwx to come in and correct me with the real data to pop my bubble. Lol

SD

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Not disagreeing with you, but I wonder how much the August and especially September rainfall averages are influenced from tropical systems?

I don't personally think Sept is a wet month outside of tropical systems. Anecdotal impressions is that Sept. is mainly quick hitting FroPa, followed by dry (low humidity) days following. 2 or 3 years with normal weather leads to averages of 1"-2" of rainfall with the odd years with Tropical activity leading to a monthly total of 6"+ throwing off the averages.

Need @Lickwx to come in and correct me with the real data to pop my bubble. Lol
Roughly 30%