• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical 2020 Atlantic Hurricane Season Discussion

1598297591263.png

** Edit: That TC in NE GA/upstate SC is actually from a Laura member that first went offshore from Savannah and then curved back into Vero Beach as a strengthening H before then moving back up into GA/SC.

Last edited:
The wave that leads to the numerous EPS members threatening the SE/Gulf/E US on the last 3 runs is the prominent one now over Africa near 0 longitude between 10N and 20N. It is forecasted to emerge from Africa on Thursday. This is quite robust and already shows curvature. When considering that along with what appear to be generally favorable atmospheric conditions as well as warm SSTs ahead in the MDR and with it being in the heart of the active season during La Nina when many historic storms originated, this one is liable to be a long tracking beast that would be followed for 2 weeks+:

1598301098268.png

This pic is from here:
http://tropic.ssec.wisc.edu/real-time/imagemain.php?&basin=europe&sat=m7&prod=irn

Last edited:
How long till Florida’s luck runs out? That’s gonna be interesting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Regarding the wave that will emerge from Africa on Thursday: the 18Z GFS has a "landfall" as a weak low near Jacksonville, FL, just after hour 306 on Sept 6 moving westward, which then was followed by more westward movement to the Gulf coast as an even weaker feature that then meets up with a cold front near the MS River on Sep 8. The point of this is to show that westerly steering may be dominating then due to ridging to the north:

1598310829379.png

Edit: The 18Z GEFS has essentially nothing.

Look what's sitting off the SC coast......it takes it in at Charleston, although not developed. Ironic that it's at same position as an earlier Euro map.

ScreenshotCapture_2020_08_25_09_43_56_593.jpg

lets hope things stay this quiet. Maybe laura will be the only major cane.
Unlikely. We're about to have an outbreak...according to Twitter, anyway. Even if the covidwildfirenadocane outbreak never materializes, I'd give it a 95% chance of another major cane this year. We'll probably have at least a couple more.

Interesting, I was kinda feeling the same. Let’s see if it happens, recorded here for verification purposes.

#freethecomma

Storms that have done little or have fallen apart are not even mentioned. That doesn't seem all that strange to me.

I'm not sure I see the point. We monitor storms to protect people. If it's not a risk, we dont focus on it. What is he referring to?
Well I’m just referring to Labor Day threat for East coast. He’s referring to politics.

Back