• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical 2020 Atlantic Hurricane Season Discussion

I'm not sure I see the point. We monitor storms to protect people. If it's not a risk, we dont focus on it. What is he referring to?

What he is saying is everytime a big storm forms the far left shouts global warming or climate change, whatever climate change means at the time. But when storms fall apart or weak the same crowd doesnt shout how climate change is great because it makes storms weaker.

12zGFS does nothing with the wave, but does give evidence that it follows the same path as CMC.....

ScreenshotCapture_2020_08_25_13_32_08_224.jpg

I think we are lucky the forecasts of a super season probably wont happen. hopefully after laura the season will end. Good thing none of those big blue areas arent in the tropics, lol.
That would be super, but highly unlikely. We have at least 6 more weeks to move through before a slow down, in my opinion. Likely next hurricane event will be week of 9/7.

That would be super, but highly unlikely. We have at least 6 more weeks to move through before a slow down, in my opinion. Likely next hurricane event will be week of 9/7.
Yeah, the GEFS typically have a horrible time with tropical systems due to their grid spacing, for example the mean for Laura at landfall is 991mb. Their synoptic setup is more important. On the other hand, the GEFSv12 is higher res, so it tends to be a little more realistic. Does anybody have the spaghetti plots for that. Off of TT, it looks interesting.
77C266D3-CA3C-445A-B998-B1718A38953C.png

Call me crazy again but I have my doubts with the euro right now. Remember it never developed Laura either. Best thing is to wait and see how the models react they have been pretty abysmal with genesis on the last couple of storms.
ICON is doing a good job, I think. CMC points the way too.

October would like to have a word with you.
October storms are usually not as bad as August or September in the US. Opal was one notable exception. South FL is a different story though as they can still get bad canes in Oct. I think Wilma hit in Oct.

Call me crazy again but I have my doubts with the euro right now. Remember it never developed Laura either. Best thing is to wait and see how the models react they have been pretty abysmal with genesis on the last couple of storms.
As you speak, the EPS is much more bearish than the last two runs:
Forward -> Backwards
D2B32E44-B166-4888-88F1-F53829F2D6AD.gif

Back