• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Winter Weather Support Group

Okay well imagine he sits here and tries to talk to you about how you’re wrong with something in your field of expertise. Is his opinion as valid as yours?

My point is not all opinions hold the same value and all are definitely not equal. Certainly I do respect your opinions as I think you have valuable knowledge. I do not think this is political but as someone who is an information science professional, there has been a war on expertise like we’ve never seen in this country since social media increased in prevalence.

I’ve been around these boards for twenty years and I believe I have a good handle on why so many flourished and part of that is having those experts around and us being respectful of their time and expertise. Of course, your post would’ve likely meant you would’ve had a short run on WWBB and the ilk.
Give it a rest already....... He was disrespectful and condescending. This has nothing to do with whether or not I agree with his forecasts.... And yes, I was on WWBB and American for many years. matter of fact, I still post over on American.

Does Gerton, NC get a good amount of snow? Rented a cabin there last weekend of January.

CFS was a fun fantasy run last nights. Start with hour 576 and proceed to the end. It shows 2 to 3 storms for much of the south.

I like hour 612:
View attachment 138702
The elusive pattern change is finally here! Mega March incoming…

This look a week into January, is blistering cold! 850s In Canada above me! Delayed but not denied! ⛄️??B31685EF-B3B0-4E14-A1D1-6A157AA3F558.png

gfs_asnow_scus_65.png

All the fretting about a good pattern or a bad pattern for snow is funny to me. It's gonna do what it's gonna do around here. We've been in the 70s in January one week and had a big snowstorm the next. Just enjoy the ride.

All the fretting about a good pattern or a bad pattern for snow is funny to me. It's gonna do what it's gonna do around here. We've been in the 70s in January one week and had a big snowstorm the next. Just enjoy the ride.
I agree you don't have to have a good pattern to get a winter Storm. All you need is Cold air in place and a southern LP system. I've seen us get 6" of snow with a Low temp of 37° after being 60 just few days before. Cold Patterns are Great but not needed. Some don't understand that

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk

Back