• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Winter Weather Support Group

Dang. My Feb 8-15 timeframe showing on models.

Too bad I'm wrong about the snow part and it's probably ice at best for cae if any winter precip even happens

Whoops.

Let's hope that ice map above doesn't verify at all

Still haven't hit 50 degree's here since I don't know when. Looks like the cold front comes through Sunday so this warm spell is going to last less than 4 days?

The ice and freezing temps tore my yard UP!! The freshly graded red clay is just a mess. Tore everything up that I already did. Hardly any grass left between rain washing away, dogs rough housing and rabbits too. URGGG. So I'm doing it again (straw is so high) and planting a butt load of rye. It just occurred to me that maybe I should be throwing out Bermuda seed too. Or could I right now? Just gona have to do it all friggin again when the rye dies. Disgusting. Especially with red mud and dogs. I'm going to run away if I don't get rid of the red clay...puke. I loathe.

And gone
gfs_asnow_seus_65.png

Well, checking in, all I see is warm in February so far, and I just cant trust the weeklies. Certainly we could wedge into seasonal on occasion but nothing that says winter storm. For me, I'm still looking at February as an unlikely long shot. But I'm a weenie, I continue to wait and hope against my better judgement.

1706106352832.png

Bad run but still held that strong CAD idea. Something is brewing out there I think. Maybe. I hope. High pressure is really anchored in with more sliding down at the end of the run. Hopefully this is the trend here as we enter our final month of winter chances.IMG_6315.png

I think it's time to wrap this winter up for my area. I told you I would check the long range modeling at the third week in January to see if there were any legit opportunities and I see none. I'll see you for the tornado outbreaks...might have one on Saturday around these parts. Webber's prognostications might still hold for the NC peeps. Ya'll are still in the game!

Back